Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
samisnake said:
@brams, top of the page

Thanks samisnake, this DSDT fixed my shutdown problem with USB3. Still only got two P-States 16 & 42. ALC892 & BOSE USB Audio still making zzzzz noise. Sleep does not work (not that I care about this)

Do you have an SSDT I can use which will enable more than 2 P states.

Thanks

brams said:
samisnake said:
@brams, top of the page

Thanks samisnake, this DSDT fixed my shutdown problem with USB3. Still only got two P-States 16 & 42. ALC892 & BOSE USB Audio still making zzzzz noise. Sleep does not work (not that I care about this)

Thanks

Hey Man, What kext do you use for USB 3.0 ?

vanadri29 said:
brams said:
samisnake said:
@brams, top of the page

Thanks

Hey Man, What kext do you use for USB 3.0 ?

I've tried them both the one from Multibeast and the modbin one and both of them have the same issues which is finder not copying any data to the drive and beach balling.

I also updated the Asmedia firmware to the latest using an updater from Station Drivers

Thank you for the files. I tried them on a separate HDD and it seems to detect my processors with ACPI system state S0 S3 S4 S5J (S3) so it seems to work. However, it stops booting at

PFM64 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
[ PCI configuration begin ]

I am not sure if it something to do me using SL or a NVIDIA 285 GPU or something else. Any idea?

Mutsumi said:
Thank you for the files. I tried them on a separate HDD and it seems to detect my processors with ACPI system state S0 S3 S4 S5J (S3) so it seems to work. However, it stops booting at

PFM64 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
[ PCI configuration begin ]

I am not sure if it something to do me using SL or a NVIDIA 285 GPU or something else. Any idea?
I haven't used Snow Leopard in quite a while. Try booting with PCIRootUID=1 and see if that helps.

Did not work. Gonna try Lion and see if that works.

Asus release new version of bios...
Asus P8Z68-V LX - Bios version 3801

What is updated in this bios?

Brycv, finally got around to clearing the cmos and i'm back to all the P-States?!?!

Code:
5/1/12 4:11:38.000 PM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 19 20 21 31 33 34 35 36 37 38

Going to try the DSDT's and see what / why this has happened as it makes no sense!

Updated:
Fixed Francis's DSDT as it was throwing HPET not enabled on CPU 7, so replaced the HPET portion with one that worked. However now I have semi-hangs that do resolve themselves not all the p-states as before either:
Code:
5/1/12 4:55:43.000 PM kernel: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 19 20 21 38

Going to restart and swap BIOS and see if it's fixed or not at these p-states.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    47 KB · Views: 154
I GOT IT!

I figured out the issues with P-States! I'll need other to corroborate it but I got it!

In the case of ASUS boards you have 3 options for AI Overclock, Auto, X.M.P, and Manual.

Each cause OSX to behave differently, which is not what you expect by any stretch. I'll explain each!

Auto-Auto
P-States work exactly as they should, there is full amount of P-States, and they throttle between 16-38. This is proper operation. P-States reached 16 17 19 20 21 31 33 34 35 36 37 38.

Auto-All Core
This causes the P-States in OSX to go hay-wire. Such as when I was getting only 16 17 19 20 21 38.

Auto-Per Core Auto
This causes the P-States in OSX to go hay-wire. Such as when I was getting only 16 17 19 20 21 38.

X.M.P
You'll likely choose XMP to enable your 1600 mhz of your DDR3 ram. This causes the P-States in OSX to go hay-wire. Such as when I was getting only 16 17 19 20 21 38.

Manual
Same as the non-auto states/auto

So basically unless your full auto for anything CPU related you don't get all the P-States. I've heard people mention of an option for P-states but it's nowhere to be seen.

Any ideas if you can set these P-states manually in the DSDT? As this explains why when was on test bench/table before my desk (with 4gb's of 1333mhz ram) everything was super...!

P.S.
Is it safe to flash between the patched and unlatched version of the same rom? I'd like to see if it is a side effect of the patch or if speed stepper and un-patched work in any mode as it should...

Update 5/2/2012:
Seems that the major issue is the SSDT table that is being generated is bogus, it only will work if 100% stock ASUS settings essentially. Even if you put ram at 1600 mhz your SOL. I'm researching how to edit/create an SSDT table and possibly a guide (but it seems complicated) as it is definitely something that needs to be done on a system by system basis. Though using RevoGirl's RevoBoot might work no issue–I just can't figure out how to compile it, trying though never use Xcode much -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back