Contribute
Register

Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.
draken182 said:
I went back to the 1.10.6 version same thing happened. Not sure if it is something i have plugged in or checked or if it's my case or what, but something makes it sleep, then the tower comes right back on, but nothing else works, no screen, mouse keyboard etc. Any idea what might cause this? i am using a XFX HD 6870 if that helps?

draken, do you have the USB3 kext installed? if you aren't sure, go to System/Library/Extensions and see if you have PXHCD.kext in there.

you can try removing this and rebooting to see if it fixes your sleep issue.

unfortunately this means no usb3 :(

chroniX said:
draken, do you have the USB3 kext installed? if you aren't sure, go to System/Library/Extensions and see if you have PXHCD.kext in there.

you can try removing this and rebooting to see if it fixes your sleep issue.

unfortunately this means no usb3 :(

I did have the PXHCD.kext, removed it and it did sleep...but the monitor/graphics don't work after wake. It starts back up, but i cant tell if anything is working because te monitor doesn't resume.

Thanks

P8Z68-M-PRO @ 3702 Generic

@brycv

I've attached my generic P8Z68-M-PRO dsl for the 3702 BIOS. Once I flashed, I was unable to boot back into Lion with the old DSDT, but after applying your Maximus patch and autofixing one error, I was able to get in. However, it's not configuring the GTX460 that's in the system and coming up at low res and only one monitor. Don't know if that's related.

Anyway, here it is... Thanks!

Attachments

• Generic_P8Z68-M-PRO_3702.dsl
    409.8 KB · Views: 116
brycv said:
The boards I would need a vanilla DSDT on a 3k BIOS for would be the following Asus boards:

Maximus IV Gene-Z (with or without GEN3)
Maximus IV Extreme-Z
P8Z68 Deluxe (with or without GEN3)
P8Z68-M Pro
P8Z68-V (with or without GEN3)
P8Z68-V Pro (with or without GEN3)
P8Z68-V LE
P8Z68-V LX

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

3703 Patched BIOS. Vanilla DSDT (with all errors and warnings, hehe)

Attachments

• P8Z68-V LX.dsl
    384.5 KB · Views: 140
Just noticed that 3801 is out for P8Z68-V LX. Probably wont update though as 3703 works wonders for me.

brams said:
Hi samisnake,

Please can you mod the 3602 bios for the ASUS P8P67-M-Pro.

Thanks in advance :)
+1

Thanks

what version are you guys on atm?
you shouldnt be updating your bios like its a software update ;)

ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen 3 Status Update:
Well got everything off of my "table" setup and into the case that arrived, along with complete soundproofing of the case, and annoyingly FrozenCPU sent me the wrong radiator...

So I don't know when I'll be able to test the setup after OC'ing but so far seems to be running quite well. No real complaints. The latest Intel NIC driver as mentioned by others before adds a lot to the console log (though not bad info just annoying). Using the 4/14 driver and it's pretty good.

CPU multiplier wise I've hit more P-States than ever before on a gigabyte system! Woo!

Still think some of the DSDT could be optimized, many of the changes it makes in fixing errors seemingly makes some sections redundant. Plus there are two sets of WAK/PTS/PWRB so not sure which one is loading (and partially why I think toledo's patch is moot–well that and the missing devices).

Lastly audio seems to "pop" threw the normal output (whenever a sound needs to play it "pops" as if audio coming back to life and then it's ok. Other line-outs are fine. Odd)

Will have a build writeup and instructions once done with water-cooling :)

P.S.
For anyone that sees the UEFI screen twice when booting, thats the jmicron boot manager blowing by at the speed of light, I just disabled it's oprom and it's all faster/smoother sailing.

Greggen said:
3703 Patched BIOS. Vanilla DSDT (with all errors and warnings, hehe)
Thanks. I appreciate it. I pulled together a generic patch for boards with ALC887 audio but I have not tested the audio and did the edits by hand based on toleda's ALC887 DSDT edits. Let me know if audio does work properly.
Asus Generic DSDT Patch with ALC887.txt

Attachments

• Asus Generic DSDT Patch with ALC887.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 290
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back