Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I get my DSDT? What do I need to do to edit it properly? Help would be much appreciated... I would rather just get rid of my HD4000 kexts but that obviously didn't work...

First off, I'm having a little difficulty following your post - #1 is the IGPU in bios, #2 is the DSDT edit - I'm assuming you've just got the numbers the wrong way round (if I'm misunderstanding then let me know).

Are you sure you deleted all relevant intel kexts? As well as deleting AppleIntelHD4000*.kext , try deleting AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext (AppleIntelHDGraphics, AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB).

I can help you with DSDT editing, but this is probably not the thread for it. A basic overview is that you will have to extract your normal, unedited, DSDT first, then apply a number of automated patches with macIASL. To avoid the problem, you simply do not apply the HDMI audio patch when editing the DSDT.

The best solution I have found and the one that I currently run is a bit more complex but solves the issues. It relies on using the Ultra Fast motherboard boot option and the clover bootloader, which allows for a native UEFI boot rather than emulated BIOS. With a compatible graphics card, this means that you can use the GPU output to display the boot content, even if IGPU is set to primary. This solves all the problems - you can use HDMI audio, select stuff at the boot screen, not have to delete any kexts, have airplay mirroring etc. As an added bonus, boots are generally faster (Windows 8 will boot in about 1-2 seconds on my setup, OSX 3-10 depending on settings). If you are up for trying, let me know and I'll do my best to help you out.

I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5. Happy to report that no mods are needed. Working fine (although still can't access the app store). I remember 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 was a pain, but I ended up having BOTH discrete and HD4000 graphics working at the same time, go figure.

have you tried deleting library/preferences/system configuration/networkinterfaces.plist (I think that's the directory)
deleted wifi and ethernet from network configuration from system prefs, rebooted then added them back into sys prefs? I have to do that every now and then when I fiddle around with kexts or update.

Some reason my front USB ports have stopped working when I upgraded to 10.8.5, they're USB 3.0, but my USB 3.0 ports on the back work fine. I've tried installing kexts, deleting kexts, rebuilding the cache but can't get anything to work, any suggestions? :banghead:

@chippy95

For USB 3.0, if you don't have installed GenericUSBXHCI.kext but you have only the patched the DSDT with PJALM edits you should have no problems, only no working Asmedia ports as before. If you want the Asmedia too, you have to install GenericUSBXHCI.kext 1.2.5 (or the newer1.2.6), copy xhcdump in usr/local/bin and add to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-gux_defer_usb2</string>

or every device is not recognize from USB 3.0 (only if is plugged before booting).
If you install GenericUSBXHCI it dosen't matter if you have a patched or no patched DSDT.
That's working for me.
Ciao

Thanks guys for this guide!

Got me all up and running :D Proud Prodigy HackPro owner!

@Buckeyes

Have you (or anyone else) come across a working BCM57781 lan driver for the ML 10.8.5 update? Having tried countless versions to no avail, I've been trying to get one patched with Mieze for the last couple of days, but so far it has remained elusive.

Cheers

Serge

Me too. Can't get the Lan driver from ML 10.8.5 patched with the how-to from Mieze to work. Still using the older version (i guess it's from ML 10.8.3). Don't know why it doesn't work. I'm really scared about Maverik's that we can't get LAN to work

It's broken as of 10.8.5 as far as I can tell. DHCP assigns 169.254.xxx.xxx and manual setting which I use is a no go. The new IONetworkingFamily appears different; IOEthernetAVBController is missing inside and even adding the device-id stops it from loading before we even get to any patching that could be done. this thread may shed more light, so far it's been a week of frustration.

The old driver was solid until I had to upgrade beyond 10.8.4 to get XCode 5 running. I must say I'm increasingly beginning to detest their business model. luckily the majority of my development time is in the comparatively glorious Visual Studio.

I appreciate your fantastic thread here, it's been been my goto area for this system for a year now. Hopefully it'll get resolved soon. If I may suggest that you include the last successful version installed in the first post.
Cheers
Serge

Hrmm that is very weird..

Are you sure it was exactly the same driver as in the 1st post? (you know how these things get switched) I'd love to try the beta 8.5 driver you were using from your /s/l/e just in case.

In the mean time I've ordered a [ASIX AX88179] based USB3 dongle for emergencies such as this. At least there is active support because of macbook air etc. The wifi's not enough for my purposes & I don't have the luxury of using any external cards for this particular system, since the whole idea was to have an (i7-iMac) in a tiny box running <90w which it's been doing, admirably for a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back