Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Now that I've flashed the bios and booted to the uni beast usb drive and installed the latest version of mountain lion which I followed the guide on this website. When it restarts after the installation it boots back to the usb drive and gives me the option to boot to either usb or the os x installation I just made, when I try to boot to the os x partion it just stays on the apple loading screen? I left it overnight as well just in case. But if I take the usb out it says there's nothing to boot to. Someone please help! I'm just using the intel onboard graphics.

My system
Asrock Z77E-itx
Intel i5 3570k
2x4GB Crucial DDR3

I have this board setup. minus the grapich card. I am using onboard graphics. I have been tyring to get this to boot for 4 days. I did a complet re-install of Mountain Lion at leaset 15 times and still it won't boot. In order for me to boot I have to keep the USB Unibeast drive attached and then choose the partition. I keep getting the Boot 0000 error. So I took an old laptop hard drive and made a unitbeast partition. then I set it as the boot drive. So now my unibeast boots and I then select the MAC OS partition. I got everything else working.. even sleep and audio..... Please help....... I have another build that I did with the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI and it works perfect boots from the hard drive but this AsRock is giving me a major PITA. I patched the bios and everything and I still cant' boot from the drive. Also I have it set to definition of Mac Pro and then I tried Mac Mini 6,2 and still the same deal. PLEASE PLEASE help me. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::evil::cry::cry::crazy::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Damn. I flashed the 1.80 BIOS and now my computer won't post.

One thing I can suggest is a CMOS reset and hope that it does something (assuming you haven't tried it already – and its fairly unlikely to help if it was indeed a bad flash).

Is the screen receiving signal but just black, or no signal at all (i.e. monitor goes to sleep/displays no signal message)?

If it was a bad flash, then there is little other option but to replace your BIOS chip. You can source one from ebay for about $15 delivered, which is not ideal by any means, but an awful lot less than replacing the whole board. Free international shipping if like me you are outside the US.

Annoyingly, Asrock don't actually provide checksum's for their BIOSes, so there is no foolproof way of knowing the one you've downloaded is non-corrupted, even before you mod it. I've downloaded the latest 1.90 from each of their servers, and as the sums match against each other I'm fairly sure I've got a clean download. I'm going to mod it and upload it along with its sha1 checksum, so you should be able to check it on your end to make sure you have a non-corrupted BIOS download - and hopefully avoid a bad flash in the future if you want to take another shot with a new chip. Just checksum it after download and after transfer to USB to be sure.

Modded BIOS + checksum:View attachment Z77E-ITX190-BIOS-PATCHED.zip

EFI injection for app store no longer works after 10.8.3 update. Anyone else encountered this?

10.8.5 ready

I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.5. Happy to report that no mods are needed. Working fine (although still can't access the app store). I remember 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 was a pain, but I ended up having BOTH discrete and HD4000 graphics working at the same time, go figure.

Code:
Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFramebuffer/AppleIntelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.physBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt

The IVB - ivy bridge, ie HD4000 AppleIntelFramebuffer is failing to load. Something to do with a stolen range.
This is caused by a conflict between dedicated and non-dedicated graphics. This happens because when your DSDT is edited to allow HDMI audio, it renames the graphics adapters internally - and presumably, the framebuffer calls back to its old name or something.

I found three solutions to the problem:

1. Set the IGPU to the default graphics adapter in the BIOS (I believe under northbridge in the UEFI settings).

This does have some drawbacks however, namely that you now have to plug a monitor into the motherboard to see anything while the system is booting. You will still get the full power of your dedicated graphics card, as long as the main monitor you are using is plugged into it. There is a way to do this being able to see your boot on a dedicated card, but it is fairly complex and only works on some cards, so I'm not going to go into it right now. No drawbacks at all apart from the extra screen in some setups.

2. Don't do the HDMI audio DSDT edit.

The problem is caused by the DSDT edit for HDMI audio loading both the IGPU and the dedicated card at the same time. The integrated HD4000 has some kind of problem loading its framebuffer in this situation. If you don't do this edit when you edit your DSDT, then all will be fine. You will lose HDMI audio, but another edit is available to get your on-board audio working apart from this. Also, you lose airplay mirroring.

3. Delete the HD4000 Kexts.

The easiest stop gap solution. The problem is with the framebuffer for the HD4000 loading. If you simply delete these kexts, then all will work. When I did this as a stop-gap solution, I think I deleted all the AppleIntelHD4000-whatever kexts, but I think you could probably just delete AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (which is the framebuffer that the error calls back to). I did this in single user mode I think, but if you can boot in safemode, that will also work fine. Remember to repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache with kext wizard afterwards. Not ideal in case you want/need to switch to HD graphics in the future, and you lose airplay mirroring and maybe HDMI audio (even on your dedicated card) as well.

To start with, No1 is probably easiest, followed by 3. If anyone wants me to do some DSDT editing, then let me know, I'm happy to help. Let me know what graphics cards you have and I may be able to help you with the more advanced version of 1 that will allow you to plug all monitors into your graphics card, have integrated graphics as default, and have it all working.

First off I would like to say thanks for this post, it got my GTX 670 working with method #2.

And that's all fine and dandy, but switching graphics to switch to windows is going to be a pain and I really just want everything to be smooth sailing. So for method #3, I removed all kexts with "HD4000" in the name and I still got the error. Right after I removed the kexts I used kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild the cache. I can't try method #1 because, well I have no idea how to edit my DSDT. If you could guide me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. I can't thank you enough; I've been struggling to get this card to work for days now.

My system:
AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Modded Bios 2.70
Intel Core i5-3570k @ 4.5 GHz
120 GB SSD / 1 TB HDD
MSI GTX 670 Power Edition
8 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz

The exact guide I used to get my system up and running can be found here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3777028/2013%20Hackintosh/v1.2.0.html

Currently dual-booting with Windows 7.

How do I get my DSDT? What do I need to do to edit it properly? Help would be much appreciated... I would rather just get rid of my HD4000 kexts but that obviously didn't work...

Anyone experiment with WOL w/ Windows 8 w/ the Z77E-ITX?

I've installed WakeUp on my iPhone and the WakeUp Server in Windows. All the buttons in the WakeUp app. on my iPhone work. I can power on from an off state (cold boot) by pressing the blue "Wake LAN" or green "Wake Internet" buttons, but only a few minutes after shutting down. If I wait a couple of hours then try turning the system on with those two buttons in the app., they don't work. I still have to go into my media cabinet to turn the computer on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back