Contribute
Register

ASRock Z77E-ITX | Core i7-3770K | EVGA GTX 570HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thread. I have a similar setup and would like to learn how to do this.

Can you please provide instructs on how to get to S/L/E as I do not understand what you mean by that.

I also have a Gigabyte 460SE.....will that cause issues?

Thanks!

I disabled speedstep in the BIOS. I'm not versed in the whole generate flags thing. Perhaps that's why I wasn't seeing the appropriate Geekbench score with speedstep enabled?

Also, I tried your updated DSDT and still no luck. Booting with verbose mode didn't reveal anything obvious to me. Here are some photos:

Edit: maybe it's something to do with my CPU? Could this be related to my overclock or speedstep disable? Suppose this is something I could rule out...

Hrmm.. when I've seen Kernel Panics before, they usually show which library/kext crashed.. looking at your screenshot, looks like you captured the end of the KP/debug info. any chance you can try and watch it (maybe the Pause button works?) and see if it lists the culprit.

As I said, mine pretty much worked out of the box, so I have a hard time thinking it's a hardware thing.

PS. I ran your OC settings.. got about 16.5k in geek bench.. but it's not prime95 stable.. going to play with the voltage and see if i can get it stable.

Can you please provide instructs on how to get to S/L/E as I do not understand what you mean by that...

S/L/E refers to the folder (directory) structure on the top level of a Macintosh OS formatted drive. It stands for: System/Library/Extensions.

I disabled speedstep in the BIOS. I'm not versed in the whole generate flags thing. Perhaps that's why I wasn't seeing the appropriate Geekbench score with speedstep enabled?

Also, I tried your updated DSDT and still no luck. Booting with verbose mode didn't reveal anything obvious to me. Here are some photos:

Edit: maybe it's something to do with my CPU? Could this be related to my overclock or speedstep disable? Suppose this is something I could rule out...

Heya. I was thinking about your crash. maybe your board is a different revision than mine? If you want, I'd be happy to patch your DSDT generated from your own system. Just download DSDTEditor and generate your DSDT file; I can patch it and send it back.

Also, I didn't have to disable Speedstep to get the full 4.7Ghz performance. I have it enabled in BIOS, and in the boot plist. I'm getting multiple P States and hit 17.3k on Geekbench at 4.7Ghz. I hit 17.5 with a 4.8Ghz OC but it was a little unstable (I didn't play with it too much) and I got temps a little too close to TJmax for me. I may go back down to 4.5; 4.7Ghz hit 96C running Prime 95 torture test.

I did everything you did in your guide and everything works....UNTIL I install that DSDT of yours....then KP no matter what command I put in.

Did you change something?

I did everything you did in your guide and everything works....UNTIL I install that DSDT of yours....then KP no matter what command I put in.

Did you change something?

Sounds like the same issue that Highaltitude is having... if you boot with verbose, does it tell you where it panics? I did not change anything. I've never had a KP with the DSDT.

i don't know what I can tell you. It goes by so fast I don't have a chance to catch what its talking about. I will post a pic sunday of what I can see though.

i don't know what I can tell you. It goes by so fast I don't have a chance to catch what its talking about. I will post a pic sunday of what I can see though.

Digi, same offer I made to Highaltitude stands for you.. if you want, dump your dsdt file in DSDTe and send it to me. I can patch it for you to ensure you have one that is 100% compatible with your version of the board.

Made some good progress today. Using the excellent guide by Toleda, I've enabled HDMI Audio in the DSDT. Build post updated.

HD4000 video is also working! See updated build post.

Also, has anyone figured out how to use both Display Port and HDMI at the same time to allow two monitors? (I currently use Display Port for my 27" Cinema, and DVI for my 24" VE247... again just want it to be perfect :)

Thanks!

How does your guide compare to this one?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...n-lion-build-asrock-z77e-itx-gtx480-wifi.html

Also I have have a KPanic as well after using you DSDT. I have tried to boot with DSDT=null but I have had no luck. I figured I would try a fresh OSX install but I have getting an error message "You must restart...."

My system:
Antec ISK300-150
i3-3225 (Intel HD 4000)
8GB G.SKILL 1600 CL9 DDR3
240GB SanDisk Extreme SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back