Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I live in Pakistan and I have very limited items available here. Asrock is in the list so I plan this for my Hackintosh:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Intel i5-2500k
Kingston 4GB x 4. Total 16GB
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master GX 750
Samsung Super Drive DVD Burner.

Now the question is, will this setup work fine for Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. If not, then what changes will be needed to be made?

I agree with you on that but there is no post on which this specific model is discussed. I want to know if it work or not, and what about the DSDTs? I haven't seen ones for this mobo.

sapster said:
I agree with you on that but there is no post on which this specific model is discussed. I want to know if it work or not, and what about the DSDTs? I haven't seen ones for this mobo.
The Fatality1 series and the Extreme series use Broadcom NICs for network which are not supported. Go with the Pro series with the Intel NIC.

Or go with the MSI boards if they are available - the Z77A-GD65 is fully supported and is currently being tested. Requires either NullCPUPowermanagement.kext and speedstepper or a modified BIOS for sleep and native power managament. See the testing thread - viewtopic.php?f=22&t=58163

Also interested. I want to buy the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard, but i might want to run osx86 again someday.

If i did decide to go osx, i really want the least amount of messing with things to get it to work. I have a USB sound card, so no big deal there, and as for the network card, i use a usb wifi adapter anyway. So for those purposes, would it be ok to just get this board?

if not, ill spend the extra 60 and get the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Id rather not, but i hate messing around a lot, on a system that i need stable.

Right now i have a DS3L, and can probably run OSX, but its just too much trouble to get everything working.

Thanks to anyone with answers! and sorry if i come across as whiny.

nvidiaguy07 said:
Also interested. I want to buy the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard, but i might want to run osx86 again someday.

If i did decide to go osx, i really want the least amount of messing with things to get it to work. I have a USB sound card, so no big deal there, and as for the network card, i use a usb wifi adapter anyway. So for those purposes, would it be ok to just get this board?

if not, ill spend the extra 60 and get the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Id rather not, but i hate messing around a lot, on a system that i need stable.

Right now i have a DS3L, and can probably run OSX, but its just too much trouble to get everything working.

Thanks to anyone with answers! and sorry if i come across as whiny.
If you don't use the onboard wired network and use a USB sound card, then the board is fine except for the sleep, power management issues which can be fixed with an edited BIOS.

Going Bald said:
If you don't use the onboard wired network and use a USB sound card, then the board is fine except for the sleep, power management issues which can be fixed with an edited BIOS.

ah i see. ended up buying the more expensive board anyway, since the asrock was sold out.

How easy is it to get it working on the gigabyte board? I know theres still some messing around with things, but in general how hard is it to get everything FULLY working?

sapster said:
I live in Pakistan and I have very limited items available here. Asrock is in the list so I plan this for my Hackintosh:

Asrock Z77 Extreme4
Intel i5-2500k
Kingston 4GB x 4. Total 16GB
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler
Cooler Master GX 750
Samsung Super Drive DVD Burner.

Now the question is, will this setup work fine for Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. If not, then what changes will be needed to be made?

Hey sapter! I'd like to let you know that I successfully installed Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 on my ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 board. I'm running bios version 1.40. I used Unibeast to make a bootable USB stick and had to run BridgeHelper 3.0.1 for OSX 10.7.3. I originally installed 10.7.4 but the network card wouldn't work. I made a custom DSDT but I don't think it was necessary. Only issue is the onboard sound doesn't work but this isn't an issue for me since I have a M-Audio soundcard installed that I found drivers for. Limited but the sound works. Also since I purchased an AMD Radeon HD 7770, the video card isn't accelerated yet since it is not supported by OSX yet. Let me know if you have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back