I3770k
Graphics
GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

My Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H became bogus and corrupted its dual bios! It had served me well since 2013 for my hackintosh. I must say that the install using that board was a breeze.
Nevertheless I could only find a 2nd hand motherboard but it is an Asrock Z77 Extreme4. I spent time in the forums to see if it was possible to install MacOS with this motherboard and it looks it is doable.

First symptom, the Asrock board does not recognize clover from my MacOS drive. I am running bios 2.9 and some folks says I need a modded bios while other says it is not necessary. I am somehow reluctant to install a modded bios from unkown source.

Who can provide a link to the right bios?

I continued. I have a USB key prepared with the default recommended options. I can use the usb stick to boot both MacOS of the harddrive and of the USB stick.

Unfortunately, despite all combinaisons of clover boot it always hang.

Can someone take my hand and guide me through the process? I will keep this post updated to build a tuto for owner of similar board.

Thank you very much.

I continued. I have a USB key prepared with the default recommended options. I can use the usb stick to boot both MacOS of the harddrive and of the USB stick.

Unfortunately, despite all combinaisons of clover boot it always hang.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.

How to Enter/Edit Boot Flags in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back