Not open for further replies.
CPU
I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 7950
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Asrock z77 Extreme 4 10.8.3 + AMD 7950 Guide

(Making Proper Under Construction Guide :beachball:)
It has taken me numerous installs to get to where I am at right now. I will try and explain and make a guide for anyone else who is attempting to do the same. If you have questions please feel free to ask and I will help If I can.

• You must have access to a Mac or VM Mac. Purchase and Download the 10.8 Install ESD.
  • Also you will need FbRotate App.
  • You will also need Osinstall.mpkg and Osinstall. (Google how to install Mac on MBR)
  • MultiBeast 5.5.1
After I finished making the usb installer I inserted Osinstall.mpkg and Osinstall to there proper directory on the usb installer.
http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1220-osinstall-mbr-osinstall-mpkg-10-7-x/
In order to dual boot windows and Mac with no problem I used the Osinstall.mpkg and the Osinstall.

Boot from your new Usb and run your installer. When installing go to disk utility and click the drive you want to install to. I used a seperate drive for my Mac. Erase the drive, Next go to the Partition Tab select 1 partition name your drive, Journal Extended and Make the disk a MBR. Exit out of Disk Utility and continue with the Install.

The Moment every one has been waiting for select your boot loader from USB select the drive you installed to flag should be -v. When It boots into Mac continue the setup. Then open Disk Utility select the drive name of where 10.8 is and repair permissions. When that task is complete. Run MultiBeast Only selecting this option for the time being.
help.jpg

(Rough Guide)
It took me several attempts to do it. My system is not at 100% but I am writing this guide at this moment from it on my and 7950.

First what I did in order to get it up and working was create the usb installer. Now I run windows so I did add the osinstall.mpkg you can find info on it here. http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1220-osinstall-mbr-osinstall-mpkg-10-7-x/

I then prepared the image from 10.8 following this guide here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281397-guide-intel-dz77ga-70k/

At the end of that tutorial there is a clover guide I used the chameleon way. I did not worry about the sound right then either. I did use the extra folder just remeber to use your own smbios and plist.

Other things you are going to need Multibeast 5.5.1, network kext, and a kext installer. FBrotate App. Google it you will need it.

Now when you go to bios
Set Onboard Gfx to start
Igpu Multimonitor Disabled
Render Standby Disabled
Deep Render Disabled.

Install 10.8
Boot from your usb install and install it the way you have it ready to go. I used the mbr method but either gpuid or mbr it will still work. When Install finishes restart and boot into fresh 10.8 and first thing to do is go to disk utility Repair Disk Permissions.

Open multibeast 5.5.1 the only option you want to select is easy beast. Install to hard drive and restart. Boot from hard drive then go to about this mac you should see your version of hd 4000/3000. If your 7950 is hooked up then you should be able to see in the system report that it is there. :banghead:. Install FBrotate app make sure you go to Users & Groups and set this as Login Item. Run the app it will prompt for you to use app.

Get your Internet working
I use a Wifi Usb it costed 9.99 off Amazon
Google 10.8.3 combo update and download it from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640 download. Once it is downloaded open and install. When finished it will prompt you for restart, I ran easybeast again not sure if I need to.

Restart Spam f2 go to the onboard and select the Pciexpress exit and save. Make sure and hook monitor up to Amd 7950. We will boot from EasyBeast drive and make sure and type this AtiPorts=4 AtiConfig=Tahiti and hit enter.

You will then arrive at white screen with cursor. Important don't click mouse at this point enter your password and hit enter. Give it a few seconds and you will see blue screen then your desktop. If it stays white type your password again and hit enter wait a few seconds and hit enter if you forgot to run the app before moving to 10.8.3. If you didn't make fbrotate app a login item swap back to onboard and get it installed run the app then swap back to PciEcpress.

Check About this Mack it should look like this.
Hw.jpgINFO.jpg

Here is Heaven score wished I could get the 3dmark but this will suffice.
hv.jpg
This is a working guide and will be updated I encourage everyone to help with inputs.

Attachments

• INFO.tiff
    97.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Hw.tiff
    124.3 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back