Graphics
EVGA 760GTX 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good day everyone, After a successful Mountain Lion install i began to do a few tweaks to the system to achieve a more stable one.

Everithing works except sleep, it goes to sleep, it wakes up, but the screen stays blank, no confirmation from volume keys. The fans powers on and that's about it. If i leave the system to enter display sleep. the screen turns on but it shows color noise for about a minute and then returns to normal.

I tried everything from SleepEnabler.kext the mountain lion version, to BIOS tweaks but nothing works. This is the current system setup

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Installed with Chameleon.
Asrock Z68 Pro3 2.10 IvyBridge Bios with power management modification from semisnake
i3-2100 @ 3.10Ghz
Corsair Vegeance 16Gb RAM @ 1600Mhz
EVGA GTX 560 non-ti(Works OOB)
Audio works ith AppleHDA and HDAEnabler from toleda
Standard HDDs
SMBios ATM is iMac 12.2 but i tried all of them with no luck.
I added a DSDT file for the system but i don't think that's the problem.

Can there be anything that i'm missing?

Also i get that stinking USB device is drawing too much power alert every time i power on the system, but i don't any USB devices inserted except USB apple keyboard and USB MagicMouse. Can that be fixed?

Thanks a million!!!

Attachments

• DSDT.rar
    13.2 KB · Views: 75
Why .rar file?

I will sort the sleep issue. If possible remove the DSDT you are currently using from extra folder and reboot.
Extract a new DSDT compress it and attach.

FYI.. That motherboard is on UEFI bios and it can work without a DSDT file. But sadly ASRock motherboards need DSDT file for sleep to work.

Here you are. I know it works without dsdt. but i wanted sleep :). Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• DSDT2.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 66
  • dsl.zip
    25.3 KB · Views: 53
Here is the editd DSDT. Remove AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext from S/L/E and install ALC892 Audio kext (with DSDT) using multibeast and reboot.

Check if the Serial-ATA ports are displayed correctly.

What about SSDT do you use one?

Attachments

• ASRock-Z68-PRO3-BIOS-2.10_DSDT.aml.zip
    14.3 KB · Views: 79
Sorry i'm not at home right now and i cant test it. I dont use a ssdt file because i understood that on i3 it's not needed.

Yes it works if i click sleep from the apple menu but i get some noise like artefacts when it wakes up. If i let it sleep alone, only the display sleeps and when it wakes up the display turns on and everything is stuck no mouse movements no keyboard input, nothing. I didn't have time to test if the VoodooTSCSync would help in any way. The only SMBios that show a complete line of PStates if MacPro 3.1 and shows 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 31, the rest smbioses show only 16 31.

Do you have any ideas about how to fix the USB notification? USB Notification: The device "HubDevice" @ 0x1d100000 has caused an overcurrent condition. The port it is attached to has been disabled.

I'm sorry if i have too many questions but i never did this and i'm learning all i can atm. Can you tell me what you did to the DSDT? What was the modification?

You have to use Socket 1155 SMBios. To fix the P-states issue you can add an SSDT file. I know i3 CPU's don't need an SSDT but we can try it.

Try these changes.

Change the SMBios to iMac 12.2 or Mac Mini
Make sure the VT-RAM in the BIOS is set to 64.
Delete the flag darkwake=0 from .plist.

For USB port issue, first try a different a USB device on that same port and see if the problem is only with that USB device or its an USB port issue. I can patch the DSDT but this can be done at the end.

The latest BIOS available on website is 2.30 have you consider upgrading the BIOS?

More info about DSDT changes i did - http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/39400-sleep-wake-solved-asrock-z68-motherboards-lion.html

Sleeping is fixed with the help of voodootscsync.kext. What seems strange to me is that i only have two PStates, 16 and 31 they seem to be min and max values, but i can live with that. Can this be the cause of the iMac 12.2 smbios? So far what gives me Pstates didnt allow it to sleep.

I tried extracting the ssdt but i got no idea what i'm doing when i use the dsdtse or editor i get different results on windows and mac and i get too many variations of the ssdt so i dont know which one to use.

USB Still has problems.

Thanks for the incredible help!
George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back