Contribute
Register

Asrock Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 Thunderbolt 4 help

@etorix and @CaseySJ:
Here are the screenprints of Vesion V3c with the Hyper Thunderbolt hub attaced and the Ethernet removed the 2.5GB port on the IO to the 2.5Gb port on the hub (en.Speedtest the same as back iO. Note this is being wrriten from Hyper TB Ethernet connection:
SPEEDTEST 1.png

NETWORK EN2 WORKING.png

Change 3 in pci info from hackintool.png

4 Hyper hub in hackintool on unmapped port.png

5 Networking from  Sys Info.png

6 USB Tree from Sys Info .png

@CaseySJ Is TbtForcePower.efi necessary and is it a naming issue that prevents this from loading with a critical error before bootloader icons can appear or is it just obsolete in my case? (Not in system now....)

Attachments

• TbtForcePower.efi
    9.9 KB · Views: 8
@CaseySJ and @etorix Here is IO reg log for version V3d No change in screens or function previously sent with V3c. I am going to copy same to my Mjolnir build with same board and test. Will send IO reg from that when done.

Attachments

• JC’s iMac (6).ioreg
    16.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
@CaseySJ and @etorix Here is IO reg log for version V3d No change in screens or function previously sent with V3c. I am going to copy same to my Mojilnir build with same board and test. Will send IO reg from that when done.
This is much better in that the Thunderbolt device tree is being named properly. This in itself does not mean Thunderbolt behavior will be any better, but it's a start.
Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 2.45.57 PM.png

Is TbtForcePower.efi necessary and is it a naming issue that prevents this from loading with a critical error before bootloader icons can appear or is it just obsolete in my case? (Not in system now....)
That EFI driver should not be used because your Thunderbolt card is already powered up.

IO reg log for the Mojilnir attached Hub functions Properly.

Attachments

• Dasbbooots Mac Pro.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 2
Pics of the Mjolnir build, which is my machine: I think you guys nailed it !! Thanks, @etorix and @CaseySJ. I tried to upload the SSDT version V3d to Hackindrom, but I guess I do not understand how that site works, seems pretty coder-centric.... just trying to help others, but they will be hard-pressed to find even a used version of this board.
This build has no problem with front C causing the machine to freeze when Hackintool is opened. Renamed port types to 10 to 9. Yes, that is my mod, as Mjolnir's do not come with a front USB C port, even though being phased out by Nanoq, which is larger, to support cruise ship boat anchor 4000 series Nvidia cards, these stupid gamers love. Hub is Hyperdrive Thunderbolt 4 dock.
IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1379.jpg

Well, I guess I should have done some research on the Hackindrom website as @CaseySJ already wrote up a guide on its use, and in the post, he notes that EFI's cannot be uploaded without following the rules outlined in post: #4 of post .
Since my build is Platinum IMO, I have attached my EFI to his post and if someone wants to upload with Admin rights to the Hackindrom site, have at it. The working Thunderbolt SSDT created by @etorix and @CaseySJ is in the thread which is version V3d. You will note this build is dual boot Sonoma 14.3.1 and Windows 11 Pro 64 build 23H2 and there are settings that have been changed in the configplist for Windows dual booting. The build has Intel Ax210 wifi and is running 11700 I7 and has an AMD Sapphire RX590 GPU. Opencore 0.9.8.

Attachments

• EFI ASROCK Z590 PHANTOM GAMING ITX:TB4.zip
    32.1 MB · Views: 4
Back