2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Gentelmen,

I have two machines with the same board as noted above. Asrock Z590 Phantom Gaming – ITX with thunderbolt 4. One is my own machine in a Thorzone Mjolnir which I recently added Sonoma 14.3 to my own build by adding a Sandisk 2 TB 2.5” SSD as the original build was Win 11 pro with an 11th gen I7 11700 and at that time spoofing a 11th gen was in its infancy so I left it be. After building that machine for myself I went on to a new build for a friend as a present which was a Loque Ghost S1 with a 11th gen I5 11500K. Note: Loque just filed for bankruptcy as of 1/24/2024.

The Loque build returned to to update the Apple Broadcom card back to Intel AX210 and upgrade OC to 0.9.8 and upgrade from Ventura to Sonoma. I had a problem with the Bluetooth being recognized with the replacement brand new card and as turns out looking at the Bios of which both machines have/had versions 1.70 but my machine ONLY was showing a setting in "advanced" for Bluetooth to be toggled on and off, as well as onboard wifi. The Loque did not have the setting so I upgraded the bios to 1.92 beta and the setting now was present and working and Bluetooth was now functional again in Sonoma and Windows.

Now the last thing that does not function properly is Thunderbolt 4 on both builds. I know it is hit an miss with Maple Ridge. The Z590 board is very similar to Z490 board in the structure of the USB ports architecture. Hackindrom has an SSDT for the Z490 Asrock board at an RP21 location and looking at IO reg the locations for the controllers for the Z590 boards are also RP21. The SSDT is designed to work with Thunderbolt 3 as the Z490 board is TB3.

I am wondering if @etorix, or @Cerberus73 or @CaseySJ could possibly help to create a working SSDT for the RP21 location Thunderbolt 4 controller so it will show and maybe be functional. I realize also the Beta Bios on the Loque S1 may have removed functionality possibilities as the Asrock Z590’s Thunderbolt firmware may have been updated in this Beta Bios 1.92 per CaseySJ’s notes with the Asus Z690 on Thunderbolt.

If any of you can help me with the SSDT creation if possible let me know, and please note what information you would need from me, i.e. EFI, configplist, Hackintool log and or IOreg log, and USB map section png from Hackintool.

Last edited:
Thunderbolt experts will certainly want to see the IOReg file, as everything is in there.
The Z490-TB3 SSDT is not useful; what's need is a TB4 SSDT adpated to the ACPI path of the Z590 board.

Assuming the path is just PCI0.RP21, you may try this SSDT. It's mostly @CaseySJ V3 SSDT for a MapleRidge AIC with an amended path and the dependency on SSDT-DTPG removed. I went to look into the Asus ProArt Z690 EFI to have a version for on-board Maple Ridge, but this was a V2 and still injected a slot number. Oh well, if it works I guess we can live with cosmetic weirdnesses.

Attachments

• SSDT-Z590PG-TB4-V3.aml
    2.2 KB · Views: 4
Here is some information from the Sonoma side from the I5 Loque build. IOreg log is ar\ttached JC's iMac
I will send screen pics of USBtoolbox from Windows side in a 2nd post. Thank you Etorix...
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.43.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.41.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 8.38.18 AM.png

Attachments

• JC’s iMac current.ioreg
    15.5 MB · Views: 2
Here is acpi dump from Hackintool.

Attachments

• ACPI DUMP.zip
    235.9 KB · Views: 3
here is more screen captures of system info from Loque:

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 9.10.37 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 9.10.37 AM.png

do you have 2 bluetooth devices?
There used to be Broadcom card on this build and it was replaced back with Intel AX210 card in the original stainless wifi can and port. When it was Ventura it had a Apple/Broadcom wifi card adapter in the lower NVME Sata slot on the back of bard and I extended the wifi antenna pigtails to the stainless can, and pulled the original Intel card out for the Apple Broadcom card. I put it all back although I used the original card for another build. I ordered a new Intel card from Amazon and but it all back the way it was for Sonoma upgrade. The Bluetooth did not show up after putting the required Kexts for the new card, so I though the card was bad initially but I found there was a new bios Beta update 1.92 and in comparing my build in Thorzone Mjolinir I had a bios switch to turnoff Bluetooth and this build did not with same bios 1.70. After the bios update to 1.92 bluetooth reappeared on the Windows and Mac sides.

There used to be Broadcom card on this build and it was replaced back with Intel AX210 card in the original stainless wifi can and port. When it was Ventura it had a Apple/Broadcom wifi card adapter in the lower NVME Sata slot on the back of bard and I extended the wifi antenna pigtails to the stainless can, and pulled the original Intel card out for the Apple Broadcom card. I put it all back although I used the original card for another build. I ordered a new Intel card from Amazon and but it all back the way it was for Sonoma upgrade. The Bluetooth did not show up after putting the required Kexts for the new card, so I though the card was bad initially but I found there was a new bios Beta update 1.92 and in comparing my build in Thorzone Mjolinir I had a bios switch to turnoff Bluetooth and this build did not with same bios 1.70. After the bios update to 1.92 bluetooth reappeared on the Windows and Mac sides.
just make sure your ports are correctly configured and within the 15 port limit

Here are screen-prints of USBtoolbox from the Loque build: You will note Port 13 is not enumerated properly this the ITE RGB lighting 255 on the board, not the lights from the header pins, but the lights on the side of the board which are mapped even though not functioning correctly. This should not affect the proper functioning of the rest of 14 in the map. The separate controller for Thunderbolt which is 3.1 controller which has 4 ports has only one port mapped. (I am not using the RGB light headers on this build) I am on my Mjolinir build same board.
I am using the same map for both builds and My machine the Mjolinir has never had the Intel card removed so the map was created with the original factory Intel card location as his build was not a Ventura upgrade to Sonoma.
Screenshot 2024-02-08 091658.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-08 091946.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-08 092212.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-08 092304.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-08 092423.jpg

Last edited:
Back