Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 950 2Gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first hackintosh and I know the x99 platform isn't the easiest to work with, but I want to do it. I followed this guide HERE

My Setup:

I was trying different bootflags and actually got the OSX to install, but when the first reboot happened after install it froze. I'm actually really confused because sometimes I have to reboot the computer one or two times before the boot actually works.

Here is a picture of the screen I'm stuck at I'm currently using these bootflags
"npci=0x2000 -v -cpus=1"

I've tried adding nv_disable =1 and using npci=0x3000 but I still not luck

Here is where my screen freezes
IMG_0288-1.jpg

I've read that "DSMOS has arrived" means the graphics card has an issue, but I've also read that people have no issues with the NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610

nobody has any ideas?

nobody has any ideas?

Please follow forum rules and put your hardware in your profile and/or create a sig.

A better guide is http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

the boot-args that are required to be used are

npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

you can add -v so you can see what is happening for troubleshooting while installing and remove it later.
If your CPU supports VT-d, you can use boot-arg dart=0 to disable it or disable VT-d in UEFI (but UEFI disable makes it unavailable in Windows if you dual boot).
If you have a serial port, disable it (Super IO configuration in the UEFI on my Asrock X99M Killer)

You can patch the kernel if you want to use Chimera boot loader, or select the Haswell-E patch=true in Clover config.plist.

I've had the same symptoms on an Asrock X99e-itx and a GTX 980. For me, enabling CSM did the trick.

I've added my put my Hardware on my profile.

Using npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 and that didn't work but then I read something about changing the smbios to MacPro 5,1 which worked. (If it failed I had to restart with no changes until it was successful) I was able to get to the install page and successfully install OSX Yosemite, but my problem now is that every time the computer restarts it will boot to the OSX install screen. If I remove the usb stick it wont recognize my hard drive (with OSX installed) as bootable.

I've tried going into clover and telling to boot every possible way, formatting my solid state drive and reinstalling it, checked all my bios settings made sure everything looked correct from what I've been.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've added my put my Hardware on my profile.

Using npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 and that didn't work but then I read something about changing the smbios to MacPro 5,1 which worked. (If it failed I had to restart with no changes until it was successful) I was able to get to the install page and successfully install OSX Yosemite, but my problem now is that every time the computer restarts it will boot to the OSX install screen. If I remove the usb stick it wont recognize my hard drive (with OSX installed) as bootable.

I've tried going into clover and telling to boot every possible way, formatting my solid state drive and reinstalling it, checked all my bios settings made sure everything looked correct from what I've been.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

When it reboots to the install screen go ahead and step through the steps to install.
If you used UniBeast to create your USB installer this should not happen, but if you used the guide I linked and used the terminal command to create install media, then you should be aware that it is a 2-stage process: Boot the USB, go through the install steps, it takes 17 minutes to complete stage 1 and reboots, at Clover screen selecting the OS X icon it will not boot, but if you select the USB icon again, it enters the 2nd stage of the installation - takes 24 minutes this time and completes itself. At the next reboot you get to the User setup screen to finish your install.

you need UEFI64 driver

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back