Graphics
GTX 1080ti
Im trying to install hackintosh and my setup is as follows:
Mobo: ASRock X299 ITX+AC
CPU: i9-7980XE
GPU: Vega 64
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-4000
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 2TB

I adjusted my Bios settings according to the x299 Mojave guide, I created a bootable drive with 10.14.3 and the custom EFI folder.
When I try booting, it's gets stuck at still waiting for root device and the text becomes distorted.
With npci=x3000 it goes farther and it gets stuck at at a weird screen with a bunch of small text windows. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?
I know it would be helpful if I submit a log but I'm not sure how to save one.

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_213144~01.jpg
    IMG_20190205_213144~01.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20190205_213544~01.jpg
    IMG_20190205_213544~01.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 73
Did you try npci=x2000

Im trying to install hackintosh and my setup is as follows:
Mobo: ASRock X299 ITX+AC
CPU: i9-7980XE
GPU: Vega 64
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-4000
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 2TB

I adjusted my Bios settings according to the x299 Mojave guide, I created a bootable drive with 10.14.3 and the custom EFI folder.
When I try booting, it's gets stuck at still waiting for root device and the text becomes distorted.
With npci=x3000 it goes farther and it gets stuck at at a weird screen with a bunch of small text windows. Does anyone know how I can get this to work?
I know it would be helpful if I submit a log but I'm not sure how to save one.
  • Your uploaded screen is indicating a problem with your USB Installer's ability to transfer files to create a RAM disk because either the USB port or the USB Disk itself has a problem . The verbose Boot I see I call "impending USB Failure" or "Impending Prohibit Entry sign Error"
  • If you keep the verbose boot recording for a little while longer , you will be seeing a screen that will display a "Prohibit Entry Sign" some people describe as a "circle with a Diagonal line" or even "Stop Sign" but correctly termed "“Still waiting for root device”" error.
  • This error can be due to any of the following or a combination of them and therefore all of them should be checked to make sure all are remedied.
    • BIOS options dealing with USB controllers are not properly ENABLED
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other lacks any of the following kexts: USBInjectall.kext, XHCIunsupported.kext
    • CLOVER/config.plist_Devices SECTION _USB has no [√] Inject [√]FixOwnership
    • The USB Installer Disk is USB 3.0 and is inserted to a USB 3.0 port that fails during boot.
    • The USB Installer Disk is inserted to a USB 2.0 port that fails during boot ; often the ones on Front Bezel of the Desktop case.
    • The USB flash disk has a problem (A very rare occurrence)
  • To get help Provide your CLOVER from the USB Installer as a Zip file -Bulleted steps: #4
  • Provide the screen shots from BIOS showing the USB Controller selection
  • Try different USB 2 ports at the back until you find the one that won't cause this Verbose boot problem.
  • See uploaded edited image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back