Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone!

I managed to install a working retail 10.6.3 on the build mentioned in the subject. However, I can only boot successfully with iBoot legacy. I installed MultiBeast, the comboupdate and the BridgeHelper. When installing MultiBeast, I chose EasyBeast, and the Chameleon for Sandy Bridge. When I try booting the bootloader on the hdd, it restarts after running down a few lines in verbose mode. I tried every combination of boot flags with no joy. I tried the Experimental ATI Chameleon. When I boot in verbose mode with that, the boot stops with an unrecoverable error in ati.c .

Also the sound is crap, and the browser crashes on flash content and I can't change the resolution from 1280x1024x32. (I want 1920x1080x32)

Any help is welcome, please help me solve this, as coding in VMWare or on the 13" MBP is not really fun. Thank you all in advance!

Thanks for the extremely fast response. I'll try what you said when I get home.

Edit:
Also, I don't know if this matters, but the way I installed it was a little "unorthodox" as I did it by connecting and usb hdd to my MBP and installing Snow Leo to the hdd on the MBP. When it finished it said the installation failed. Then I put the hdd back to the PC and booted using iBoot Legacy, and it booted successfully

jarrekstar said:
Thanks for the extremely fast response. I'll try what you said when I get home.

Edit:
Also, I don't know if this matters, but the way I installed it was a little "unorthodox" as I did it by connecting and usb hdd to my MBP and installing Snow Leo to the hdd on the MBP. When it finished it said the installation failed. Then I put the hdd back to the PC and booted using iBoot Legacy, and it booted successfully
Moved to SandyBridge forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back