Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all in the past i have had a dable with hackintosh had a Tiger P4 and a leopard AMD phenom but TBF this was just to mess with and never did much with them

I also for a short time owned a real macbook 2009 model but in the end did not use OSX enough for the price so sold it on.

At the moment i have a ITX PC (already built and using windows 8)

The pc has the following spec

Asrock H61M ITX
Intel Core I3 3225
Intel HD4000 GFX
6GB DDR3 1333 Ram
240gig SSD + 1TB 7200 + 500GB 7200 HDD

Can anyone recommend a hackintosh distro preferably mountain lion but lion will be fine that would work on my current mobo cant seam to find much info on the net,

its just for a bit of lite imovie usage and will be dual booting with windows (windows on the SSD OSX on the 500 HDD)

Thanks so much for any help

Ash

Hi all in the past i have had a dable with hackintosh had a Tiger P4 and a leopard AMD phenom but TBF this was just to mess with and never did much with them

I also for a short time owned a real macbook 2009 model but in the end did not use OSX enough for the price so sold it on.

At the moment i have a ITX PC (already built and using windows 8)

The pc has the following spec

Asrock H61M ITX
Intel Core I3 3225
Intel HD4000 GFX
6GB DDR3 1333 Ram
240gig SSD + 1TB 7200 + 500GB 7200 HDD

Can anyone recommend a hackintosh distro preferably mountain lion but lion will be fine that would work on my current mobo cant seam to find much info on the net,

its just for a bit of lite imovie usage and will be dual booting with windows (windows on the SSD OSX on the 500 HDD)

Thanks so much for any help

Ash

We don't discuss "distros" on this site. We support installation using the tools provided here, along with a legally purchased copy of OS X (downloaded from the Apple App Store).

That said, you should be able to get Mountain Lion running on that motherboard by flashing a modified BIOS to it first. Read up on that here, and obtain the modified BIOS to flash from here.

Thanks so much for that, and do apologise about the distro bit, i don't mind paying for a copy if need be, my friends got a macbook pro and can get him to get me a copy off the app store.

Would it be the Asrock-H61M-ITX-170 i need to get as all i know the mobo to be called is H61M-ITX without anything on the end

Thanks Again

Ash

Thanks so much for that, and do apologise about the distro bit, i don't mind paying for a copy if need be, my friends got a macbook pro and can get him to get me a copy off the app store.

Would it be the Asrock-H61M-ITX-170 i need to get as all i know the mobo to be called is H61M-ITX without anything on the end

Thanks Again

Ash

I think the 170 at the end refers to the BIOS revision of the motherboard. If yours has a later revision, you'll probably need to ask the moderator of that site to generate a newer modified BIOS based on the later revision.

ahh thanks if its the bios im ok, according to CPUz ive got 1.20, i think thats the one that came with the board TBF lol

Ill have a look into flashing that later and getting back with my progress

Thanks Again Ash

bios.png

the 170, 120 etc is the bios version.

right ok so turns out its a bit pointless attempting to get it working on this board as i got a a surprise this morning my mums ordered me a new laptop in swap for my desktop

This is the laptop

would i still be able to get it running on this laptop it supports Intel HD 4000 and Nvidia GT635M switchable graphics

Thanks again Ash

We don't discuss "distros" on this site. We support installation using the tools provided here, along with a legally purchased copy of OS X (downloaded from the Apple App Store).

That said, you should be able to get Mountain Lion running on that motherboard by flashing a modified BIOS to it first. Read up on that here, and obtain the modified BIOS to flash from here.

Take a look at this topic : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/278208-unlocking-the-new-asus-3xxx-sandyivy-bridge-bios/

I made a modifed H61M-ITX 2.20 version , support the appleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext ( it can sleep and wake ), DELL SLIC 2.2 bin added , if you install OEM version Windows 7 or windows 8 , it will automatic activated !

Attachments

• H61MITX220_SLIC_PMPatch.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 173
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back