Contribute
Register

ASRock H97m-itx with Sierra issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed the Sierra guide using clover and uefi boot.
CSM enabled, secure boot disabled, USB 3 set to smart auto.
Multibeast settings as shown in attached file named multibeast settings.
Hackintosh boots well and runs fine.

Issues:
1)USB 3 ports recognize mice and keyboards but not usb flash drives.
2)At shutdown it hangs - screen goes dark but power LED stays lit and fan still spinning.

Tried changing USB 3 to auto as well as enabled - no change.

Used clover configurator to enable 'Fix Shutdown' in confit.plist in clover folder in EFI - no change.

Attached find reports requested as per rehab man's instructions.

Attachments

• kextcache.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 65
  • kextstat.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 59
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • ioRegXplor.zip
    382.4 KB · Views: 57
  • multibeast settings.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
+1 I am having the same problem

I gave up on sierra and went with El Capitan. No probs so far. I did have a glitch a couple of weeks ago when a ram stick went bad and it wouldn't boot even after I removed the bad stick- I guess the memory config is hard coded into the boot config for clover. Once I replaced the ram all went well

Thank you skypickle!!!

You solved my main problem - all USB 3 ports work with El Capitan

At shutdown my system still hangs - screen goes dark but power LED stays lit and fan still spinning.

May be way too late Stefan however I have just this weekend been working with USB on my ASRock H97M ITX system. I was trying to prepare for upgrade to Sierra and discovered that USB wasn't working properly.

I see from your Kextcache output that you have the GenericXHCI kext installed which I don't think is valid for this hardware configuration. I had this installed however I had to switch to FakePCIID_XHCIMux to get USB working properly. Note that you also need to rename the USB2 controllers to EH01 and EH02 as well.

I've linked my posts regarding this revision below. RehabMan was great at providing advice and feedback to get this working!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/usb-3-problem-on-10-11-5.228767/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back