Contribute
Register

AsRock H77M-ITX AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo W520
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000 and Quadro 1000m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
[ALMOST SOLVED] AsRock H77M-ITX AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext help!

Hi All,

I have installed ML in this motherboard together with a i3-2125 which has HD3000. It works fine and all with QE/CI which is good.

However, I'm having issues with High Temps. I'm idling at 45-50C with an ambient temp of 28C. My other computer (Windows Gaming machine) which is right beside my miniHackintosh sits at 29C at idle.

Which leads me to think that the issue might be the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext since I don't have it installed. I had to remove it because it gives me KP when I do. I didn't want to install NULLCPUManagment.kext since it basically does the same thing.

So my goal is to patch my AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext so I won't have kernel panic. I read that usually Asrock boards have locked MSR (I don't know what this is) which make its difficult to have to use vanilla AICPM.kext.

Multibeast only has patched AICPM kext for Lion (up 10.7.4), which I also tried (just incase it works) but failed - I tried 4 of them in Multibeast.

While looking around, I checked this http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2956 which has a AICPM patching tool (script) but it was designed for that Asus Laptop .. but heck .. I just tried to patch my own AICPM using that tool .. still fail :(

Maybe someone can help me or point me to how to patch my own kext so that I will have it working fine.

Thanks!!!

It has been solved with regards to AICPM kext itself by flashing my BIOS with a patched on located here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread-28.html#post379868

.. BUT .. Speedstep and Sleep is not working

With regards to Speedstep;

As I understand, only i5 and i7 CPUs needs to have SSDT.aml to have speedstep working properly. But with this board + an i3 CPU (i3 2125), it is stuck at x16 so it is running only at a maximum 1600Mhz.

If I remove AICPM at /S/L/E, it will work again but only in 2 modes - x16 and x33 - no other speedstep multiplier.

If I use SSDT.aml of an i5 CPU - I think it gives other multipliers but it doesn't look right.

With regards to Sleep

When I activate sleep, it looks like it is doing it right, but It doesn't wake from sleep.

When I wake it up from sleep, I could hear the fan rolling again, but that is about it, keyboard is not lit - monitor screen is not turning on.

I've enabled in org.chameleon.Boot.plist C State and P State and it still does not work.

So right now, I'm doing one step at a time and I'll try to fix speedtest first since it looks easier to fix than Sleep.

I'll marked the thread solved as soon as I solved both of these issues.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I actually tried that patched kext a few days ago but it still did not work :(

I've also tried patch kext from 10.7.4/.3/.2/.1 from Multibeast .. still nogo

Does Sleepenabler still work nowadays?

It has been solved with regards to AICPM kext itself by flashing my BIOS with a patched on located here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/47397-msi-asrock-foxconn-1155-patched-bios-thread-28.html#post379868

.. BUT .. Speedstep and Sleep is not working

With regards to Speedstep;

As I understand, only i5 and i7 CPUs needs to have SSDT.aml to have speedstep working properly. But with this board + an i3 CPU (i3 2125), it is stuck at x16 so it is running only at a maximum 1600Mhz.

If I remove AICPM at /S/L/E, it will work again but only in 2 modes - x16 and x33 - no other speedstep multiplier.

If I use SSDT.aml of an i5 CPU - I think it gives other multipliers but it doesn't look right.

With regards to Sleep

When I activate sleep, it looks like it is doing it right, but It doesn't wake from sleep.

When I wake it up from sleep, I could hear the fan rolling again, but that is about it, keyboard is not lit - monitor screen is not turning on.

I've enabled in org.chameleon.Boot.plist C State and P State and it still does not work.

So right now, I'm doing one step at a time and I'll try to fix speedtest first since it looks easier to fix than Sleep.

I'll marked the thread solved as soon as I solved both of these issues.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks

I have the same problem with a Gigabyte B75N motherboard with an I3-2125, No matter what I do I can only get 1 P-State 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back