Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon Vega VII
I had a difficult time updating to .5 from .4 on my #1 system. I tried both with the combo and the update directly from Apple. Had kernel panic after the update. I tried a fresh install and it worked with both the combo and the direct update. When updating to .5, I had to redo my audio. My new Zotac nVidia GTX 760 with 4gb worked out of the box. The only thing wrong is cosmetic. It shows as a nVidia GK104. Here's my apple boot plist below:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=10 PCIRootUID=1</string> (darkwake=10 allows sleep to work for me)
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>

Internet works, HDMI audio works, nVidia GTX 760 full graphics works, Apple Store works, Sleep works (both forced and automatic), Geekbench score = 13370

Hey, got the same board.
Could I use the update from the App Store or do I have to do a complete fresh installation?
Any troubles, or just the "normal way"?
How did you got sleep working, with dsdt?

Secutor

Hey, got the same board.
Could I use the update from the App Store or do I have to do a complete fresh installation?
Any troubles, or just the "normal way"?
How did you got sleep working, with dsdt?

Secutor

Hi, With a fresh install of 10.8.4, I was able to use both the combo and the App Store version. When I tried just to update either way from a loaded up system of 10.8.4, I kept getting a kernel panic on boot up. My nVidia GTX 760 gave it a weird name and only 7MB (mine has 4GB). Since I have 4 SSDs set aside for ML images, I decided to do the fresh install and use the migration assistant to reinstall my software. All 4GB show.

Yes, I'm using a DSDT plus darkwake=10 to get sleep working. Forced sleep works perfectly...everything sleeps immediately and wakes from either keyboard or mouse movement. Automatic sleep works a bit differently. The monitor sleeps immediately (tried with 1, 5, 10, and 20 minutes). The computer takes 90 seconds to fall asleep. Both wake when they're supposed to using either keyboard or mouse movement.

BTW, I just tried a CCC image from my #1 system onto my #3 system with my H77M ITX board. I just swapped my DSDT, and 10.8.5 works just as good on #3 as on #1. Cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back