Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 460 v2
Hi all.

I have a Mountain lion system on an Asrock H77 Pro4-M with an Ivy Bridge CPU and a Geforce GTX 460 v2 video card. I have installed a modded Bios from Samisnake over at http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/ so that I can boot without the nullcpu kext. I installed Mountain lion DSDT free and did not enable any extra kexts in Multibeast 5.1.3. ( I am using a Vantec USB audio adapter so I don't need an audio kext installed... http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX31016 ) Just a couple of questions for those in the know... My system will sleep but will not wake up. Not sure where to go from here. Also, and this may be cosmetic only. My Video card shows up as having 1536 Mb of ram when it only has 1 Gb. Is there a way to fix this? Also, My SATA controllers are listed in system report as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller". Can somebody maybe point me in the right direction to fix these minor problems?

Thx

For all your question there is only one answer DSDT.

Sleep, onboard or GPU HDMI A/V, cosmetic issues all these can be sorted by a DSDT file with correct edits.

Let me know if you need help. If interested extract a DSDT file using DSDT Editor save as .dsl, compress it and attach.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/31716-guide-creating-your-own-dsdt-most-boards.html

Why are you not using onboard Audio? Why only installing minimum kext from multibeast?

Hi MiniITX

The guide I followed for my Asrock mobo showed using the User DSDT / DSDT free method (with no dsdt on the desktop) and that guide stated that I should choose ACL892 audio kext and the Lnx2mac's network kext only. The first time I installed on this board was before I read that guide and my network was working OOB with out it so I did not choose to install the network kext on my second install attempt. For the audio, I had that USB audio device that also works OOB... Maybe it's not the best sounding (IDK cause it's sounds good to me...) but I am using it so that updates will never break my audio. I did manage to get sleep woking following this guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/3940...srock-z68-motherboards-lion-5.html#post443419 ) linked to me by Samisnake over at Bios Repo. I followed these instructions by Elinato1... "I fixed Sleep/Wake on my ASRock Z77 Extreme 6. Just deleted this line in DSDT \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)"

The only issue I have is with sleep... (if it is an issue at all) It takes forever for the screens to turn back on after I wake it up.

Attatched is an unmodified DSDT.dsl TY!

Attachments

• dsdt.rar
    20.8 KB · Views: 107
"I fixed Sleep/Wake on my ASRock Z77 Extreme 6. Just deleted this line in DSDT \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0)"

The only issue I have is with sleep... (if it is an issue at all) It takes forever for the screens to turn back on after I wake it up.

Sleep is working but screen takes ages to turn back. Before you edited the DSDT, sleep was not worked?

Anyways, attached DSDT should solve the sleep issue. If you ever want to try and enable onboard audio then make sure you delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler if they exists in S/L/E and run Multibeastc for ML with ALC892 DSDT version checked.

Sleep -Should work,
HDMI A/V - Should work (With Mutibeast Audio kext).

Credits-toleda
-

Attachments

• ASRock-H77-PRO-M_DSDT.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 191
Hi MiniITX

Thanks for the dsdt. I have a bit of a problem though... I extracted your supplied dsdt to the desktop and ran the Multibeast ML installer and chose user dsdt. I also chose the audio kext you mentioned. Now my hack boots to a white screen with the grey spinning circle thing and just sits there... I tried booting -v and it seems to boot like it should but then it goes to the white screen with the spinning circle thing again. I then booted to -s mode made it so I could modify the file system and deleted your dsdt. Upon reboot I still get a white screen with the grey spinning circle thing... any Ideas?

Thx

Hi MiniITX

I took out the HDD and attached with an external enclosure to my macbook and re-ran multibeast and reinstalled using dsdt free... I can boot into my hackintosh again... any clue as to why it would have messed up?

Thx

Did you rename the file as DSDT.aml?

Unless I see the error I will not be able to tell anything.
Why are you running multibeast from your MacBook?

Boot back into hackintosh and this time don't run multibeast to install the DSDT. Just copy and paste it to the extra folder and reboot with -v.

If you get problems, take a photo and attach.
To skip the DSDT while booting all you have to do is type DSDT=null.

Hi MiniITX

Yes I did rename the file to dsdt.aml

I re-ran multibeast again (from my Hackintosh) so that I could install the audio kext. Other than selecting "user dsdt" and acl892, I selected no other options in multibeast. Once I rebooted the bootloader came up (photo 1) and I let it boot. I then got the screen with the apple logo (Photo 2) which all seems normal up to this point... then my screen changes to a grey screen with just the spinning wheel at the bottom (Photo 3) and it never changes from there.. Attached are screen shots (these are images from the web but the they are the same process my hack goes through...) I have labled them 1, 2 and 3 for the order that they appear on my screen.

I use my macbook all the time as an emergency method to fix my Hackintosh. When I need to (like when I break my system doing something stupid), I take out the HDD from my Hack, put it in an enclosure and connect it to my macbook via usb. This allows me to have access to the file system OR if need be run multibeast etc.... It works.

Anyway, I did fix my instalation with my macbook and it is running again... I will try to add your dsdt.aml again this time wthout running multibeast... Thx

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.png
    2.png
    5 KB · Views: 231
  • 3.png
    3.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 198
I use my macbook all the time as an emergency method to fix my Hackintosh. When I need to (like when I break my system doing something stupid), I take out the HDD from my Hack, put it in an enclosure and connect it to my macbook via usb. This allows me to have access to the file system OR if need be run multibeast etc.... It works.

Anyway, I did fix my instalation with my macbook and it is running again... I will try to add your dsdt.aml again this time wthout running multibeast... Thx

Thats a good idea, quick and can avoid several re-insllations. I use it too.
If you got time on weekend then i want you to do fresh installation and during post installation use the DSDT file.

Only use below options in multibeast for post installation.

Pleace the DSDT file on desktop and chose below options.

DSDT or DSDt free
Audio ALC892 with DSDT
Either net if needed.
1080P boot screen.

That is all your motherboard needs. You will now be able to boot using internal hard drive.

For troubleshooting you need to boot using -v flag.
Switch on the computer when you see tonymac icon hit any key to stop the booting process, type -v and hit enter again. This will continue the booting process.
Only difference is you will see all the kext getting loaded this time instead of white screen with apple logo and spinning wheel.

This way you will be able to see whats causing the issue.

Sure I'll give it a shot. I did try just now copying your dsdt to the Extra folder. I rebooted and it was fine. Sleep is working AND it wakes up very fast. Was sleep the only thing you worked on while modifying my dsdt? My video card is still listed as having 1536mb ram and my Serial-ATA still states Unknown AHCI Standard Controller. Also just to be clear, is the dsdt name case sensitive? Meaning, should it be DSDT.aml or can it be dsdt.aml... or does it even matter. (I used DSDT.aml)

Ok and thank you very much for your time and effort. It's appreciated to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back