Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac- Catalina installation stuck on boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried a new build hackintosh on Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac with Catalina(10.15.3),
but stuck on virtual IOReturn CoreAnalyticsUserClient::clientMemoryFor Type(UInt32, IOOptionBits *........,

I'm very appreciated if anyone could help and give me some suggestion for further debug ?

attached is EFI file for you reference

MB: ASRock Z170-itx/ac
CPU: i7-8700(ES)
ADATA DDR4-3000 16GX2
SSD: PLEXTOR M9PeGN 512GB M.2 2280 PCIe SSD

• 2020/04/26 update
    finally the root cause be found is from BIOS image, I use original ASRock formal BIOS 7.10 to replaced the modified BIOS 7.30_mod(that support 8th/9th generation intel CPU), and then successfully install catalina 10.15.4 with below hackintosh build. thanks @pastrychef and everyone who give me a favor during the period, thank you.
MB: ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: i7-6400T(ES)
Graphic: Radeon RX 550 AERO ITX 4G OC
RAM: Micron Ballistix sport LT D4 3000/16G(8GX2)
SSD: Kingston SSDnow V100 64G
Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 3.25.44 PM.png

stuck_on_boot.jpg

Attachments

• EFI_asrock_Z170itx_0201.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 105
Last edited:
the installation progress update, after few weeks try run....
it looks the installation could completed all procedure, but it still stuck on boot
" Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList, v15.1.1 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs). "

No any idea for this problem, I'm very appreciated if anyone could help or share any experience ?
attachment are some screenshot during catalina installation and EFI files. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• catalina_boot_stuck.jpg
    catalina_boot_stuck.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 66
  • installation_boot1.jpg
    installation_boot1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
  • installation_boot2.jpg
    installation_boot2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 67
  • installation_catalina_1.jpg
    installation_catalina_1.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 85
  • installation_catalina_2.jpg
    installation_catalina_2.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 54
  • installation_catalina_restart.jpg
    installation_catalina_restart.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 66
  • EFI_0315.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 55
the installation progress update, after few weeks try run....
it looks the installation could completed all procedure, but it still stuck on boot
" Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList, v15.1.1 matches prelinked kext but cant determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs). "

No any idea for this problem, I'm very appreciated if anyone could help or share any experience ?
attachment are some screenshot during catalina installation and EFI files. thanks in advance.

Please try this EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 115
@pastrychef great thanks for the help, I will try the EFI and update status soon :)

@pastrychef thanks for your EFI, after try run and found some different....

in 1st boot for installation is no different, but
in 2nd boot screenshot is different from previous, it showed an apple logo with black background.
in 3rd boot found some error "Error: near line 1: locking protocol"
and stuck on apfs_load_inode_internal:3953: *** rest ino 24464 size back to 3 (from 32768)
attachment are screenshot for you reference.
Really thanks for your help.:)

Attachments

• installation_catalina_1st_boot.jpg
    installation_catalina_1st_boot.jpg
    897.8 KB · Views: 79
  • installation_catalina_3rd_boot_stuck.jpg
    installation_catalina_3rd_boot_stuck.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • installation_catalina_3rd_boot.jpg
    installation_catalina_3rd_boot.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
  • installation_catalina_2nd_boot.jpg
    installation_catalina_2nd_boot.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 64
@pastrychef thanks for your EFI, after try run and found some different....

in 1st boot for installation is no different, but
in 2nd boot screenshot is different from previous, it showed an apple logo with black background.
in 3rd boot found some error "Error: near line 1: locking protocol"
and stuck on apfs_load_inode_internal:3953: *** rest ino 24464 size back to 3 (from 32768)
attachment are screenshot for you reference.
Really thanks for your help.:)

I don't see the errors. Are you giving it enough time to finish??

@pastrychef thanks for the reply and let me see the hope:)
I re-try again and give it 40 minutes for boot, but it still stuck on apfs_load_inode_internal:3953: *** rest ino 24464 size back to 3 (from 32768)
I attached a screenshot the error message with with red circle for you reference.
I'm not sure this is the only one error "Error: near line 1: locking protocol" or is the one of the errors ?

thank you very much. :)

Attachments

• installation_catalina_3rd_boot_error.jpg
    installation_catalina_3rd_boot_error.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 81
@pastrychef thanks for the reply and let me see the hope:)
I re-try again and give it 40 minutes for boot, but it still stuck on apfs_load_inode_internal:3953: *** rest ino 24464 size back to 3 (from 32768)
I attached a screenshot the error message with with red circle for you reference.
I'm not sure this is the only one error "Error: near line 1: locking protocol" or is the one of the errors ?

thank you very much. :)

I haven't seen that one before. Have you tried with a different USB flash drive? Have you tried with the USB flash drive plugged in to one of the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports?

@pastrychef thanks for the reply. :)
I tried to plug flash drive(SanDisk CZ50 16GB) on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port, but it seems got the same result. I also found another error message on boot as attached screenshot, I don't know is it root cause for catalina installation ?

I'm very appreciated your help and experience sharing for these days, I will keep try run and update status if I have any finding. Thank you very much. :)

Attachments

• installation_catalina_3rd_boot_error1.jpg
    installation_catalina_3rd_boot_error1.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 63
@pastrychef thanks for the reply. :)
I tried to plug flash drive(SanDisk CZ50 16GB) on USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port, but it seems got the same result. I also found another error message on boot as attached screenshot, I don't know is it root cause for catalina installation ?

I'm very appreciated your help and experience sharing for these days, I will keep try run and update status if I have any finding. Thank you very much. :)

Where does it stop? Look for the kernel panic that stops everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back