Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aspire VN7-591G V1.13
CPU
i7-4710HQ
Graphics
HD 4600, GTX 860M (3840x2160)
Hey together,

After 2 weeks of trying and reading I finally decided that I need help.

I am a complete newbie and just started build my first Hackintosh 2 weeks ago.

I got an Acer Laptop with an i7 + Intel 4600 HD as you can (hopefully) see in my signature:

"Laptop: Acer Aspire Black Edition - Aspire VN7-591G_091B_1.13 ; CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 MHz ; SMBIOS-Version: 2.8 ; iGPU: Intel HD 4600 ; GPU: NVIDIA GTX 860M ; Screen: 4k (3840x2160) ; WiFi: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 ; Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio ; Ram: 16 GB"

If you need more information about my system, please give me a message about that.

What I did so far:

I managed to build a working boot stick for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.
After Mojave was installed and successfully booted from USB I copied the EFI Folder to my SSD Harddrive.
Now I can successfully boot from HD and try to get the right kexts and settings for my Hardware.

If a setting end in the process that I can not boot anymore from HD, I can still boot via USB and correct the setting or deinstall the kext, so that I can again boot from HD. This is really comfortable.

I managed to disable my GeForce 860M because I heard it cause trouble and is not supported by Mac OS Mojave. I did that by patching my ssdt.aml file and I copied it in the clover folder of my EFI. Works great!

What else is working:

-Keyboard and track pad from laptop
-internet via ethernet
-4k resolution and 1080p for better working on the small screen.

What is Not working:

-Sound
-wifi (will not work with my Intel wifi as far as I read)
-Intel HD 4600

The Intel HD 4600 is my biggest pain and after getting my system relatively fast for running I am trying to get the HD 4600 working since 1,5 weeks now without success :(

As you can see in the Screenshots it is there but only with 31MB VRAM and it is no kext installed for it.

I tried about 10 methods to get it to work. All I found in the forum and on YouTube. I tried several combinations in my config.plist via clover configurator. Some leads into that I could not boot anymore (boot screen stucked with grafic errors), some of them did nothing. I tried several kexts that I could find and installed it in the clover/kexts/other folder and in library/extensions.
A screen shot of the clover/kexts/other folder is attached.

So now I give up trying it alone and hope someone could help me.

A actual debug file of my system you can find in the attachments.

The HD 4600 is my first and biggest goal because I want to use the Hackintosh for Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop (which is also working but poorly slow with 31MB VRAM). If anybody has an idea how the sound could work feel free to give me a hint :)

Thank you so much and sorry for my poor english :)

Attachments

• System.JPG
    System.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 149
  • System 2.JPG
    System 2.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Sytem 3.JPG
    Sytem 3.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Sytem 4.JPG
    Sytem 4.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Sytem 5.JPG
    Sytem 5.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Clover Kext Other.JPG
    Clover Kext Other.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 97
  • debug_10100.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
At the moment I managed to run my Graphic :)

The Intel HD 4600 runs now with full 1536 MB.

My internal 4k Laptop Monitor is not able to boot and is stucked but my external (HDMI) Dell Monitor is working fine in full resolution 2560 x 1440 and 60 hz :)

Now I try to run the internal 4k monitor and the sound and then I am ok.

See my config.plist attached if anybody has the same laptop.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
sound/audio was easy :clap:

I just installed the voodooHDA.kext and it works with my Realtk High Definition Audio.
After the restart it was there!
Sound is not as loud as on windows and you have to decenter a little bit to left or right that you can hear voice clearly in a video.

So the internal 4k monitor of my laptop is the last thing what I have to work on.
I read about that this could really difficult with a Intel HD 4600.
Gladly it is not that important because my external HDMI monitor works fine with full 1440p resolution.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    98.1 KB · Views: 63
I have the same laptop with FHD screen and my HD4600 only have 7MB. When i tried to use your config, my HD4600 fully worked with 1536MB but the screen is glitched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back