Contribute
Register

Aspire 5775G

Status
Not open for further replies.
hhmmm i tried like you said.
User DSDT with yours and MacBookPro 8,1
Also putting all 5755G Kexts into the Extra/Extensions folder

Then after repairing permissions i restarted it and then a IntelCPUPowerManagment KP appeared, so i decided to install your NullCPUPowerManagment kext into S/L/E and then it worked for short time.
Now the next problem is that it is "still waiting for root device" :(
could you please help me? what should i do!
THANKS!

Ok, i got ML 10.8 quite fully working on my Acer Aspire 5755G.

My System Specs are:
Intel Core i7 2670QM
8GB RAM
Nvidia GT540M + Intel Graphics HD3000

How it worked for me:
First off all it’s important to tick the right Bios settings --> Storage has to be on AHCI Mode and really important is it to set the Bios only use the integrated graphic card!

1. I installed it with the UniBeast method with Laptop support. There shouldn’t be any problems.
2. On first Start i opened MultiBeast and ticked UserDSDT from silviubs and put all the kexts he has posted in his first post into the Extra/Extensions folder.
3. Then i got a problem with the Boot0:error – so i looked for a tutorial how to solve this problem.
4. After this i was now able to boot into Chimera Bootloader but when i booted up i got a IntelCPUPowerManagment KP. So i started it with –x into Safe Mode and installed the NullCPUPowerManagment from silviubs with the Tool Kext Wizard into the S/L/E folder. Don’t forget after installing kexts to repair your permissions!
5. The second problem after next restart was that my root device was not found, so i also searched in google for a solution, where i found a patch.
6. Finally i got into ML without any boot problems but there was no trackpad, keyboard and audio recognized. So I installed all this kexts from silviubs into the S/L/E folder, also deleted the AppleHDA.kext and then it worked.
7. I also installed a Trackpad kext i downloaded in the past for Lion. I put it later on this post. It gives me a fully working multitouch Trackpad!

What is currently not working:
- My DVD Drive is not working, kext needed?
- The GT540M worked in Lion OOB(but there was no Optimus), but in ML it even doesn’t boot when the GT540 is switched on. So only integrated Graphic is working. I’m looking forward to get it working like the new MBPs are doing it!

What I’m gonna test soon:
- LAN
- Sleep
- USB 3.0 Port

for dvd JMicron36xATA should work, did you install it?

also try to use your own dsdt, might be somewhat different from mine.

for the boot error i already had a link in my 1st post to tutorial for 64k drive (that was the problem, right)

I think i've installed it but the weird thing about this is that when a CD is inserted on booting the DVD Drive got recognized but when no CD is in it doesn't. So there is also now a problem i have with Parallels Desktop 7, i got there in Windows 7 no DVD Drive recognized...

Erm could you please explain me how actually a DSDT works? :p What informations are there in and how do i create one for myself?
i downloaded some of them and only copied them in the Extra folder for example to get the GT540M to "work".

I also tested now the USB 3.0 port, it doesn't freeze anymore but no device got recognized. Second thing is Sleep which is working now with the right SleepEnabler.kext.

Another question i have is how to fix the brightness control, cause i only get it to approximately minimum 50% brightness.

i think i used once a dsdt fix to get brightness control slider and also work with FN+ f11,f12 i think(might of been Fn+ ins... not sure)

btw any dsdt edit for sleep, patched cpu management ?

please post sleep enabler you used and any other kext, or dsdt patch if there was any

to build your own dsdt use dsdtse, extract it and fix it to compile ok

for parallels see if it's under devices

if not add a new one (try to delete and add if you have one) should at least work with dvd images

i think i downloaded the trackpad at some point but better attach yours (don't see any in your post). also using the kext i use for it or other ?

no the brightness keys works on F12 and Pause, but this don't interferes me.
My question is whether a fix is there to get the brightness under 50% cause in the first brightness level it is really to much bright.

oh sry i forgot to post it :)
ok i used these kexts:

To use the Nvidia GT540M in Windows and in OS X not i used a DSDT which uses only the Intel HD 3000 because i don't wanna always switch between the cards in the Bios. I think its working, because it's onyl showing me the Intel HD 3000 in OSX and the air flow is also very smooth.

I downloaded this Sleep Kext
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2972 . and its working very well, but i only recognized that i loose a lot of battery when the Acer is sleeping, which is not usually. I'm gonna test it with a wattmeter.

For Trackpad i used a Kext which was working in Lion too. i put it in the following.
Altough it's not mutlitouch, only scrolling with 2 finger and the mouse also runs smoother but no mission control.

Oh thanks, i got it now working :)

Attachments

• Touchpad.zip
    402.9 KB · Views: 254
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 307
Small update.

I got bored so i decided to do a clean install with a few modifications

Same as before, except

Battery, non dsdt method - kexts in 1st post

WLAN - now i just used a dsdt fix so i won't have to use a modified kext

Sleep works now with sleep enabler and nullcpupowermanagement

here i had a device that kept didn't let sleep work

to find which one, after it wakes automatically, type in terminal

syslog |grep -i "Wake reason ="

and it showed EHC1, which was the USB webcam

deleted at the end of EHC1

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x0D,
0x03
})

and now works

USB3.0 - somewhat functional

used PXHCD.kext (LaCie 1.0.8 driver patched by modbin) which can be found in multibeast
but i used http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2870
wanted to try with those DP3 kexts but didn't have time for testing, maybe later

same as before, system freezes when i plug something in...... except if i put laptop to sleep, after waking up works
not sure about speed but at least i got another functional usb slot :)

Note: don't boot with anything plugged into that slot, only use it after waking up from sleep. also a good idea is to unmount/eject anything in it before putting laptop to sleep

Good idea to remove the nvidia from dsdt (i'll do it later), since i also don't use it in mac, prefer only IntelHD3000 since won't heat up...as much :)

I'll try later your trackpad kexts - btw, default trackpad working or you used a different prefpanel?

Now pretty much everything works, just need

even tho USB 3.0 slot now works (i'm happy even with 2.0 speed) one that isn't as buggy would be good

and.... LAN - stupid BCM57785 that can't be found :(

The scroll doesn't works me, if y put 2 fingers the mouse doesn't move and doesn't scroll

And one thing more, when I've instalhe .kext and I 'll reboot the system, appears a text saying:
You need restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until turns off, then pres the Power button again.
And rearely I'm able to boot the computer, cu always appears that text.
Is it possible cuz I have'nt installed the chimera o chameleon? But I don't know how install it I don't understand the guid :S
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back