Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
HD3000 woks straight from install
HDA works with AppleHDA. Kext and HDAEnabler.Kext
Arheros AR5B97 with IO80211Family.Kext and DeviceMergeNub,Kext
Battery working with AppleSmartBatteryManager.Kext and AppleACPIPlatform.Kext

I did try to install SnowLeopard but couldn't get past 10.67 without crashing.Everything worked except Graphics.
Installed Lion but struggled to get passed restart after instillation where a key board couldn't be detected. or USB sticks were not detected.
Installing Moutain Lion was no problem at all struggled to find kexts and have not bother with sorting out trakpad.
Have to boot from thumbdrive otherwise very happy.
I have an Aspire 5750 i5 2430M HD graphics 3000

Hello
How are you doing

Please, can you explain the installation Mountain Lion
I have a Acer laptop Aspire 5750 G

i7-2630QM 2GHz-2.9GHz
6 GB RAM
Intel 3000HD + Nivdia GT 540M 2GB

PLZ

I used unibeast mountain lion following the instructions from the guide by tony mac. installed without any problems. I installed kext helper and kext utility from multibeast snow leopard. My system had problems when ever easy beast was used. I dont have a DSDT and am quite happy to boot the unibeast usb, I did have WIFI but not any more And after many attempts to get the wifi working i am now waiting for a broad com card though from the guides etc my atheros card should work. I happy to help if i can.

HD3000 woks straight from install
HDA works with AppleHDA. Kext and HDAEnabler.Kext
Arheros AR5B97 with IO80211Family.Kext and DeviceMergeNub,Kext
Battery working with AppleSmartBatteryManager.Kext and AppleACPIPlatform.Kext

I did try to install SnowLeopard but couldn't get past 10.67 without crashing.Everything worked except Graphics.
Installed Lion but struggled to get passed restart after instillation where a key board couldn't be detected. or USB sticks were not detected.
Installing Moutain Lion was no problem at all struggled to find kexts and have not bother with sorting out trakpad.
Have to boot from thumbdrive otherwise very happy.
I have an Aspire 5750 i5 2430M HD graphics 3000

Is this the same laptop talked about in this location..?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/61531-acer-5750g-mountain-lion.html

Either way, make sure to install ps2 mouse/ keyboard from multibeast, dsdt and unlocked bios (for uefi - true Mac style) is located in thread posted above.. A thread will be started and cleaned up soon showing how to mod these models with almost 100% vanilla install (clean dsdt will be added to newer version of bios soon) so it shouldn't be much longer until a very simplified version of ML can be accomplished via uefi and bootloader (whatever it maybe..) or just plain dsdt w/ non uefi bootloader.

Mine is a 5750 with out the G. If this is in the wrong place my apologies

@david.sorley67 I think they are pretty much the same thing, yours doesn't optimus right? (Nvidia + Intel HD3000) The bios they all use is the same, your version is 1.20 right?? The 5750G is just the 5750 plus the Nvidia.. I actually have Gateway NV57H (NV57H22u) which is the 5750 (I have no Nvidia) all else is the same including bios.

Have now received the broadcom card. Needed to re install mountain lion but it worked straight out of the box and windows 7 installed drivers for it as well. Am now looking for track pad kexts. Have tried using muli beast without success. I am booting using the unibeast stick

Have now received the broadcom card. Needed to re install mountain lion but it worked straight out of the box and windows 7 installed drivers for it as well. Am now looking for track pad kexts. Have tried using muli beast without success. I am booting using the unibeast stick

I used to have to boot using the unibeast stick too but I found the fix here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html
My Aspire 5750 is now booting Mountain Lion quite happily from the Hard Drive.

Thanks for the reply. Could you resend your link i didn't lead anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back