Motherboard
Asus P6T
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTX 260
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just got my ASM1061 card today. I bought it from ebay last week and straight I put it into my Asus P6T x16 PCIe slot and ML recognize the card OOB. Here's my screenshot. Now I'm planning to get a SSD to pair with it.

ScreenShot2012-08-10at103731PM2.png

When you installed OSX and then used MultiBeast did you install 3rdParty SATA or ESATA? Or is OSX have the drivers/kext to power the card OOB?

I just got my ASM1061 card today. I bought it from ebay last week and straight I put it into my Asus P6T x16 PCIe slot and ML recognize the card OOB. Here's my screenshot. Now I'm planning to get a SSD to pair with it.

I installed AHCI_3rdParty_SATA from Multibeast.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have the same ASmedia chip on my Motherboard and was wondering if I still needed to install the 3rdParty (E)SATA kext from MultiBeast.

I have the OCZ Vertex4 SSD. It's the fastest drive i'v ever owned (Love it). only kink you need to install TRIM enabler in multibeast too.

Thanks again,

Mrengles

Since you going to use it with SSD then use the 3rdParty_SATA and if you want hot swappable disk then choose the eSATA.

nice i was planning on getting this one if i can get mac osx installed in my asus p8h67-i delux :thumbup: be nice to have hot swap as for that i won't have to buy more HDDs or enclosures.

Yes thanks for this man! I didnt know i had to do this.

Im trying to set up a simple RAID0 with it, before installing this drive i was unable to do soo.

after....

failed with this error

but at least the drives show up as internal drives now

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 19.59.17.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 19.59.17.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 1,020
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back