Motherboard
logic board macbook pro 16"
CPU
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
hello everyone, i'm new here, i want to build my own mac pro, i saw al the parts and i was choosing inside my budget, please can someone tell me if my selection is ok ?
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 1.36.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 1.58.52 PM.png

First of all: You need a case. Something like the NZXT H510 is a great starter case and will fit all this hardware.

Processor: Pretty good. If you want you could go 10th gen and get a Z490 mobo too if you want.

Motherboard: Also pretty good. I would recommend Gigabyte and Asus for a Hackintosh, and you made a good selection.

Graphics Card: I wouldn't really recommend XFX for graphics cards, I would highly recommend trying to get a better brand like Sapphire. The RX 570 is a pretty good overall card for 1080p gaming.

Memory: I would recommend getting something faster, like 3000+ rather than 2133. I would also recommend getting something a bit higher end, like Corsair Vengeance LPX or G.Skill Ripjaws V. If you want more of a budget one, G.Skill Aegis is a good choice.

Storage: The 960 EVO is a good choice, but kind of old. I would recommend getting something newer and faster like the Western Digital Black SN750.

Power Supply: Totally overkill. It's fine that you have a high wattage, it's just that your system could easily run off of a 550W unit. I would try to get Seasonic as my no. 1 brand and EVGA as no. 2, but Corsair is also pretty good. FYI I also use a RM850x, and I have had a few problems with it here and there, so I'd recommend you get something like a Seasonic FOCUS GX-650 or EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G5.

AIO: Good. If you want something a bit better quality, I would go for the NZXT Kraken M22 if you want 120mm you could also consider something like the H100i from Corsair if you want something bigger.

First of all: You need a case. Something like the NZXT H510 is a great starter case and will fit all this hardware.

Processor: Pretty good. If you want you could go 10th gen and get a Z490 mobo too if you want.

Motherboard: Also pretty good. I would recommend Gigabyte and Asus for a Hackintosh, and you made a good selection.

Graphics Card: I wouldn't really recommend XFX for graphics cards, I would highly recommend trying to get a better brand like Sapphire. The RX 570 is a pretty good overall card for 1080p gaming.

Memory: I would recommend getting something faster, like 3000+ rather than 2133. I would also recommend getting something a bit higher end, like Corsair Vengeance LPX or G.Skill Ripjaws V. If you want more of a budget one, G.Skill Aegis is a good choice.

Storage: The 960 EVO is a good choice, but kind of old. I would recommend getting something newer and faster like the Western Digital Black SN750.

Power Supply: Totally overkill. It's fine that you have a high wattage, it's just that your system could easily run off of a 550W unit. I would try to get Seasonic as my no. 1 brand and EVGA as no. 2, but Corsair is also pretty good. FYI I also use a RM850x, and I have had a few problems with it here and there, so I'd recommend you get something like a Seasonic FOCUS GX-650 or EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G5.

AIO: Good. If you want something a bit better quality, I would go for the NZXT Kraken M22 if you want 120mm you could also consider something like the H100i from Corsair if you want something bigger.
thanks for you advice, based on your suggestions i made this selection, just double check if for sure i will be able to run mac os with this hardware, that is the main purpose, i selected part outside recommendation of this site, and i'm afraid i can not run mac os

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.14.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.14.55 PM.png
    919.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.15.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 9.15.14 PM.png
    758.5 KB · Views: 50
Looks good! :)

Everything is compatible (hardware and with macOS)!

You don't really need that high-end of a motherboard FYI. You could get something like Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Pro, Gigabyte Z490 VISION G, or an Asus TUF Z490-Plus, and spend more money on the CPU and get like a 10700K.

hello everyone, i'm new here, i want to build my own mac pro, i saw al the parts and i was choosing inside my budget, please can someone tell me if my selection is ok ?
You might be able to find a bigger newer NVME drive for cheaper but since your post does not contain prices it is hard to tell. But Western Digital NVME drives are about $65 for 500gb.

These Specs Look Decent, All That's Basically Missing Would Be A Case Or Make Your Own And Buy A Power Button. But i would say a case would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back