Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've been running this setup for a week now, the most recent software I installed is final cut pro and some quicktime codecs.

After operating for an hour or so I get red artifacts on the screen when I move a window to the left, doing it to the right clears it. I'm not sure how to explain it, maybe these screenshots can help. It looks like a graphics fault.

Specs:
SL 10.6.8
i7 2600k @ stock speed
Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 F10
16gb Corsair 1.35V 1600 DDR3
1Tb Seagate
Gigabyte HD6870 OC edition @ stock speed

What is the best way to monitor GPU and CPU temp on OSX?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-22 at 8.16.32 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-22 at 8.16.32 AM.png
    744.6 KB · Views: 265
Return the video card and ask for another one.

That was a quick response, it doesnt happen in windows at all only OSX. I am taking what you have said on board and will speak with a sales rep about replacement on Monday.

zver333 said:
That was a quick response, it doesnt happen in windows at all only OSX. I am taking what you have said on board and will speak with a sales rep about replacement on Monday.
In that case, first try to clean your install with Onyx from my sig thoroughly, reboot twice, and see if the problem persists.

You could then also try a different framebuffer next, should that not help the issue.

Are you using a DSDT?

Why are your drives displayed as external drives?

Are you booting with Chimera and GraphicsEnabler?

Nope I was wrong, its quite bad, it happens in windows as well.

Im using DSTD from the site and I dont know why the internal windows partition comes up as an external drive.

I am booting using Chimera and for some reason I get stuck for 30-40 seconds at the load operating screen which is crap.

zver333 said:
Nope I was wrong, its quite bad, it happens in windows as well.
Return the card and get a replacement.

Defective hardware can damage your computer, too!

I have send an email to the store I purchased it, havent got a reply yet. Should I remove the card from the computer until I get another one? Do I have to do anything special to activate the hd3000? Do I need to change any bios settings?

Card exchanged, problem solved. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back