Artefacts on HD3000 Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 0E190206-E214-4A21-814B-BE5A7539436D.jpeg
    0E190206-E214-4A21-814B-BE5A7539436D.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Somehow I've managed to boot the system - it boots and shuts down extremely slow now.
I've put kexts back to /S/L/E (except for VoodooPS2Controller, I left it in /L/E).

From the first look I noticed that battery status is no longer available and it's not possible to leave it in the status bar in Settings (it just immediately disappears)

So far after a few restarts everything's back on track, except - touchpad still freezes and some battery/power management issues are still at place like incorrect battery status when it shows 100% for an hour and laptop just shuts down from battery drain, "put hard disks to sleep" unchecked box resets to checked state and "dim display when power AC unplugged" checked option doesn't correspond appropriately to the unplugged AC. I should mention that with previous version of OS (and kexts) I had no trouble.
That's strange, because overall High Sierra seems to be a much better optimised system...

UPD: wow, my laptop is slowly dying - none of USB ports work anymore (in OS booted)...
I've rewatched everything again, included USBInjectAll kext + customised SSDT - no luck.
Reattaching the reporting files.

Attachments

• debug_11127.zip
    1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Somehow I've managed to boot the system - it boots and shuts down extremely slow now.
I've put kexts back to /S/L/E (except for VoodooPS2Controller, I left it in /L/E).

From the first look I noticed that battery status is no longer available and it's not possible to leave it in the status bar in Settings (it just immediately disappears)

So far after a few restarts everything's back on track, except - touchpad still freezes and some battery/power management issues are still at place like incorrect battery status when it shows 100% for an hour and laptop just shuts down from battery drain, "put hard disks to sleep" unchecked box resets to checked state and "dim display when power AC unplugged" checked option doesn't correspond appropriately to the unplugged AC. I should mention that with previous version of OS (and kexts) I had no trouble.
That's strange, because overall High Sierra seems to be a much better optimised system...

UPD: wow, my laptop is slowly dying - none of USB ports work anymore (in OS booted)...
I've rewatched everything again, included USBInjectAll kext + customised SSDT - no luck.
Reattaching the reporting files.

Do EC reset, CMOS reset.
Then, check that ACPI/patched content is up-to-date with respect to a current extract (eg. press F4 and re-patch based on new ACPI/origin content).

Do EC reset, CMOS reset.
Then, check that ACPI/patched content is up-to-date with respect to a current extract (eg. press F4 and re-patch based on new ACPI/origin content).

Did that. USB wouldn't work. I found out though that the ports are able to charge devices (USB3.0 ports to the left side, too, I thought they are completely gone after installing OS X!).
Touchpad freezes remain.

Please don't tell me (as you have previously once) that I have a hardware problem :D

Attachments

• debug_3048.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Did that. USB wouldn't work. I found out though that the ports are able to charge devices (USB3.0 ports to the left side, too, I thought they are completely gone after installing OS X!).
Touchpad freezes remain.

Please don't tell me (as you have previously once) that I have a hardware problem :D

You should look at your kernel logs (ps2 related logs) after/when the trackpad has failed.

You should look at your kernel logs (ps2 related logs) after/when the trackpad has failed.

I will post an update if I find something.
But what about the USBs? It’s unusual that all ports don’t work now - I could get used to two non-working USB3 ports, but loosing all of them would be quite painful.

I will post an update if I find something.
But what about the USBs? It’s unusual that all ports don’t work now - I could get used to two non-working USB3 ports, but loosing all of them would be quite painful.

Test your USB ports in Windows to determine if your hardware is working.
Looking at ioreg, you can see the driver for EH01@1D is not starting...

Test your USB ports in Windows to determine if your hardware is working.
Looking at ioreg, you can see the driver for EH01@1D is not starting...

They do work during BIOS boot phase (I’m able to boot from a USB key).
I’m just not sure where to start. Should I reinstall macOS from the key without HDD formatting? I’m just not so competent in terms of ioreg data...

UPD the USB ports to the right (2.0) do work if booted from the key. Can’t proceed with reporting files because it seems I have damaged VoodooPS2Controller kext by Custom PS2 settings and not able to type the password. Will report later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back