Contribute
Register

Artefacts on HD3000 Sandy Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I was not expecting you to reply that fast. :)

By "touch pad going off" I mean freezes of touchpad after some time of its usage.
I stil have no clue why this happens - I tried reinstalling VoodooPS2Controller, it doesn't seem to help (I'll attach the kext to the zip).
Same with the sound, the issue is described in the first post.

+ I also mentioned some problem with battery - I may have battery icon 72% showing for an hour and the laptop just all of the sudden shuts down. Screen doesn't dim slightly sometimes after unplugging the adapter...

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Your ACPI configuration is wrong.
It is not valid to use the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml.

Thank you for checking it out.
So I got rid of this patch, re-extracted and re-patched DSDT again. Seems like it reduced artefacts significantly, but not completely.
The most annoying issue left (apart from sound issue described in the first post) is touchpad freeze that happen at random. Taking the system to sleep and then waking it "unfreezes" the touchpad in most of cases.

Attachments

• debug_20188.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
Thank you for checking it out.
So I got rid of this patch, re-extracted and re-patched DSDT again. Seems like it reduced artefacts significantly, but not completely.
The most annoying issue left (apart from sound issue described in the first post) is touchpad freeze that happen at random. Taking the system to sleep and then waking it "unfreezes" the touchpad in most of cases.

Read guide for better starter config plists (yours is a bit of a mess):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Attachments

• debug_29582.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
Did that, the system seems to run smoother now, but the problem with the freezing touchpad and sound is still at place.
Only putting the laptop to sleep and waking it helps with touchpad freezes.

Problems/comments:
- you can remove SSDT-1.aml from ACPI/patched as it has no significant patches, and requires none
- your copy of Clover is a bit old
- for the trackpad, try EC reset
- your kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E
- Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext may require LiluFriend.kext (appropriately customized)

- your kexts should be installed to /L/E, not /S/L/E

Like all of third-party kexts?
Kext utilities like Kext Wizard install them to S/L/E.

I tried EC reset, multiple times - no luck, unfortunately.

Last edited:
But what about FakeSMC?
It should be always at S/L/E, right?

Should be in /Library/Extensions.
Either /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions will work, but Apple recommends /L/E for third-party/non-Apple kexts.

Should be in /Library/Extensions.
Either /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions will work, but Apple recommends /L/E for third-party/non-Apple kexts.

UPD: I’ve just moved kexts via terminal to L/E and rebuilded the cache. Verbose mode shows IGPU timeout. Will try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back