Intel HM65
CPU
Core i5-2410M
Graphics
HD3000/AMD6770M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

After updating from Sierra to High Sierra I experienced (again, as it was from El Capitan to Sierra) some nasty graphic artefacts/glitches - like letters or text missing or turning into something unreadable, (blinking) stripes on YouTube videos/photos, touchpad freezes and overall screen freezes.
Recently I've reinstalled High Sierra completely, applied necessary DSDT patches, etc.
But I'm still having some issues (as seen on the photo, this issue is the most recent, it happened right after waking up from sleep. However, it was absolutely OK in screenshots, so I had to take a photo). It seems like these artefacts appear when the CPU is mostly busy. After reboot they are gone for some time.
I'm attaching report files hoping it is possible somehow to solve the problem - yes, "origin" is newer then "patched", but I swear, BIOS setting and/or hardware were not changed. Things I've tried so far - reinstall, EC reset, rewatching DSDT/SSDTs.

P.S.: right before I've finished typing this message, touchpad froze again... :(

Attachments

• debug_27499.zip
    703.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 332
I forgot to mention that I also had a problem with sudden sound missing (during watching YouTube videos sound sometimes dissapears). I've just experienced this issue again. Usually it takes some time for sound to return functioning normally.

Greetings!

After updating from Sierra to High Sierra I experienced (again, as it was from El Capitan to Sierra) some nasty graphic artefacts/glitches - like letters or text missing or turning into something unreadable, (blinking) stripes on YouTube videos/photos, touchpad freezes and overall screen freezes.
Recently I've reinstalled High Sierra completely, applied necessary DSDT patches, etc.
But I'm still having some issues (as seen on the photo, this issue is the most recent, it happened right after waking up from sleep. However, it was absolutely OK in screenshots, so I had to take a photo). It seems like these artefacts appear when the CPU is mostly busy. After reboot they are gone for some time.
I'm attaching report files hoping it is possible somehow to solve the problem - yes, "origin" is newer then "patched", but I swear, BIOS setting and/or hardware were not changed. Things I've tried so far - reinstall, EC reset, rewatching DSDT/SSDTs.

P.S.: right before I've finished typing this message, touchpad froze again... :(

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No idea what you mean by "touchpad sill goes off".
Or "Sound goes off".

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Sorry, I was not expecting you to reply that fast. :)

By "touch pad going off" I mean freezes of touchpad after some time of its usage.
I stil have no clue why this happens - I tried reinstalling VoodooPS2Controller, it doesn't seem to help (I'll attach the kext to the zip).
Same with the sound, the issue is described in the first post.

+ I also mentioned some problem with battery - I may have battery icon 72% showing for an hour and the laptop just all of the sudden shuts down. Screen doesn't dim slightly sometimes after unplugging the adapter...

Attachments

• debug_19632.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back