Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630, 4K
Today when I attached a DAC to my Sony VPCSE's USB 2 port, I got the message "To prevent damaging your computer, the USB device drawing too much power has been disabled. Other devices may have also been disabled. When you disconnect the device drawing too much power, your other USB devices will be enabled again." I quickly pull the device off but my USB ports stop working. I rebooted the machine into MacOS several times, still not working in the sense it could not see my USB drive. But the camera and bluetooth, all on USB 2 hub, worked fine. The two USB 2 ports won't see my USB drive but can still charge the iPhone.

I tried to boot into Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18, on both systems the USB 3 port works but the the two USB 2 ports. But the laptop uses a Renesas 3.0 USB controller which could not work in 10.12, so I have to have these two USB 2 ports work. Are these ports dead or there are ways to enable them?

Today when I attached a DAC to my Sony VPCSE's USB 2 port, I got the message "To prevent damaging your computer, the USB device drawing too much power has been disabled. Other devices may have also been disabled. When you disconnect the device drawing too much power, your other USB devices will be enabled again." I quickly pull the device off but my USB ports stop working. I rebooted the machine into MacOS several times, still not working in the sense it could not see my USB drive. But the camera and bluetooth, all on USB 2 hub, worked fine. The two USB 2 ports won't see my USB drive but can still charge the iPhone.

I tried to boot into Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18, on both systems the USB 3 port works but the the two USB 2 ports. But the laptop uses a Renesas 3.0 USB controller which could not work in 10.12, so I have to have these two USB 2 ports work. Are these ports dead or there are ways to enable them?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back