Motherboard
Z77 > Need manufacture & full model names > See Rules
CPU
Intel> Need Full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > need model # > See Rules!
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hey guys! I just recently successfully 'hackintoshed' my pc. I'm running os X Mavericks and Win7. Two separate hard drives. Here are my components

Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel i7 3770k
GeForce Nvidia 560 GTX
32 GB Corsair RAM

It's my first time ever working a hackintosh and wondering if they are usually this glitchy. I followed the step throughly and everything seems to be working. USB 3.0, Audio, Firewire, and restart and shut down ain't too bad but I notice my screen freezes a lot! Mouse will keep moving but I can't click anything. I've already tried the Hot Corner. Only worked like 1 out of 10 times. Usually freezes during Safari or when I'm flying through programs. I use ProTools a lot. Please help! Loving it but wish I could fix this minor problem.

Try taking your overclock down a notch and see if that fixes it. Might also need to take the memory overclock down.

Try taking your overclock down a notch and see if that fixes it. Might also need to take the memory overclock down.

is that something that the Bios does automatically because i didnt touch anything regarding overclocking. Also one more thing im noticing.

I have USB 3.0 hub. Whenever i have it connected in the USB 3.0 at boot, keyboard and mouse do not turn on and sometimes my pc never boots. If i unplug it, it works perfectly. Its weird becuase if i plug it in ater the mc or win has booted up, it works. its only acts up when its connected at start up.

is that something that the Bios does automatically because i didnt touch anything regarding overclocking. Also one more thing im noticing.

I have USB 3.0 hub. Whenever i have it connected in the USB 3.0 at boot, keyboard and mouse do not turn on and sometimes my pc never boots. If i unplug it, it works perfectly. Its weird becuase if i plug it in ater the mc or win has booted up, it works. its only acts up when its connected at start up.

The problem could be with your graphics card. There have been many reported problems with nVidia Fermi cards, or rather the buggy drivers, causing system freezes like what you've described. Just do a search on "fermi freeze".

The problem could be with your graphics card. There have been many reported problems with nVidia Fermi cards, or rather the buggy drivers, causing system freezes like what you've described. Just do a search on "fermi freeze".

One last question. Im thinking about updating the card if the FreezeFix app doesnt work. What card would you recommend thats glitch free? I work alot on Pro Tools and would hate to have the screen freeze on me and not be able to save the session :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back