Contribute
Register

Are flags needed to boot Yosemite installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd., Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770k
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Hi

Are flags needed to boot Yosemite installation or can i just boot without any flags?

and is it correct that i must use this flags for troubleshoot?

Code:
-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1

Hi

Are flags needed to boot Yosemite installation or can i just boot without any flags?

Code:

If setup correctly, you should be abled to boot normally off your Disk, Flags are used to arrive at the Desktop and/or to trouble shoot installation problems - Good Luck.

Hi

Code:

Flags are using as per what issue what issue you are facing. It is not default one for the build.

First try to boot from installation media without any flag.

If you are stuck in booting (Not black screen/rolling reboot) then come back here with a clear photo of the entire frozen screen after booting with flag -v.

Note :-
* In case if you are failing to reach installer, Ensure that the Monitor is connected to DVI/HDMI port without any converters.

* Set graphics card as your primary video adapter/initial display port and disable IG on BIOS.

Flags are using as per what issue what issue you are facing. It is not default one for the build.

First try to boot from installation media without any flag.

If you are stuck in booting (Not black screen/rolling reboot) then come back here with a clear photo of the entire frozen screen after booting with flag -v.

Note :-
* In case if you are failing to reach installer, Ensure that the Monitor is connected to DVI/HDMI port without any converters.

* Set graphics card as your primary video adapter/initial display port and disable IG on BIOS.

thanks for your info. i'm using DVI and i have Intel Graphics enabled by default. does Yosemite support my video card NVIDIA GEForce GTX 760 (ASUS)?

Does Yosemite support my video card NVIDIA GEForce GTX 760 (ASUS)?

Yes. GTX 760 have native driver support from Yosemite. So no need of web driver or any graphics injection flags.

Hi

Code:
Oh really, did read the instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Getting way out of hand; people don't read instructions, don't search the forum for answers, and just search for hand holding... Please go back to Windoze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back