Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P55A-UD3-2.0
CPU
i7-870
Graphics
HD 5770
Link to original build post http://tinyurl.com/articmac

Updated the ArcticMac today with a Sythe Setsugen 2 GPU Cooler. You will not believe how quiet this is, and what a difference it makes. I have two fan controllers now, one for the Setsugen, one for the two case fans and the CPU fan is system controlled. This machine is very quiet now. Took the opportunity to re-route some internal cables (thanks for the feedback). Some pictures added for your delight.

Attachments

• ArticMac3.jpg
    ArticMac3.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 337
  • ArticMac4.jpg
    ArticMac4.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 347
  • ArticMac5.jpg
    ArticMac5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 345
Re: ArticMac Update

May I ask why you install graphics card in PCIEX4 ?

FYI in manual: For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.

:oops: A very good question. I have no answer than simple mistake, probably after having it out and in the case so many times. This has now been corrected.

I have a question for you, have you managed to get any GPU temps via fakesms or otherwise for your 5770? I seem to have everything but GPU temps.

threepoint2 said:
:oops: A very good question. I have no answer than simple mistake, probably after having it out and in the case so many times. This has now been corrected.

I have a question for you, have you managed to get any GPU temps via fakesms or otherwise for your 5770? I seem to have everything but GPU temps.

Sorry, I can't find a solution GPU temp.

eMatoS said:
You have to install the Radeon plugin to get gpu temp. Get it from the developers forum.

Hey thanks for the info :clap:

BTW, I installed Radeon plugin in /Extra, it's display GPU Diode 56 C degree. What about your display GPU temp ?

Regards ---

It's around 55-58 on normal use, but it's quite hot in here. At night it idles @ 50-53.

cochon said:
BTW, I installed Radeon plugin in /Extra, it's display GPU Diode 56 C degree. What about your display GPU temp ?

With the Setsugen Cooler my idle temp is 45C, fan at 1200rpm (still reasonably quiet compared to my iMac), approx +10C circa 54C with fan at 900-1000rpm (inaudible in the Fractal Artic case). Room temp is cool, will need a hot summer to gauge real performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back