Contribute
Register

Ar9285 Drops on Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to know what it does is compare each DSDT that results with the option on with the DSDT that results when the option is off.

I attach my dsdt with and without FixDarwin. Hopefully you can help.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    62.4 KB · Views: 55
I attach my dsdt with and without FixDarwin. Hopefully you can help.

If you diff them, you'll see the difference. It does the same thing as "OS Check Fix" plus more (fixes for other problems).

If you diff them, you'll see the difference. It does the same thing as "OS Check Fix" plus more (fixes for other problems).
Yep, just diffed them on terminal. So, why do the FixDarwin patch cause the speedstep not working?

Yep, just diffed them on terminal. So, why do the FixDarwin patch cause the speedstep not working?

I don't know exactly. But according to my reading of the ACPI spec, what it is doing to the _S3D values is not correct. ACPI spec: http://acpi.info/spec.htm

I don't know exactly. But according to my reading of the ACPI spec, what it is doing to the _S3D values is not correct. ACPI spec: http://acpi.info/spec.htm

I think I made some improvements. I don't know exactly what I did but I guess I got rid of wifi dropping problem. I gave myself time tinkering how to extract fixes from dsdt with FixDarwin enabled and exclude _S3D fixes you mentioned. Now I have working wifi and speedstep. Hopefully this is permanent fix :D

However I still have battery indicator problem. I don't know how to edit my dsdt according to your tutorial. Mine is quite different. I'll give myself more time to learn :D

Thanks RehabMan

However I still have battery indicator problem. I don't know how to edit my dsdt according to your tutorial. Mine is quite different. I'll give myself more time to learn :D

Your DSDT has no EmbeddedControl section. So you won't need the kind of patches detailed at that post.

Your DSDT has no EmbeddedControl section. So you won't need the kind of patches detailed at that post.

Apparently I still have wifi dropping issue :(
I found out that FIX_ACST which is included in FixDarwin causes the speedstep not working. When the speedstep is not working, the wifi dropping issue is gone.

Apparently I still have wifi dropping issue :(
I found out that FIX_ACST which is included in FixDarwin causes the speedstep not working. When the speedstep is not working, the wifi dropping issue is gone.

I recommend NOT using any Clover DSDT "fixes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back