Contribute
Register

AptioFix boot error after 10.12.6 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Populated the fields and tried with AptioMem and OsxApitoFixDrv* 1-3 and 2000. Same hang up. Bios settings still work for the backup, making me think it's got to be a change brought on by the 12.6 update. My searches havn't yielded anything thus far though.

Do you have a spare USB stick? Reload clover and use the customize tab and select aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader them add config.plist and the Kexts to clover Kexts other folder. It could be a bad or corrupted clover. I’ve had issue before and reloaded Clover and fixed it.

Do you have a spare USB stick? Reload clover and use the customize tab and select aptiomemoryfix and apfsautoloader them add config.plist and the Kexts to clover Kexts other folder. It could be a bad or corrupted clover. I’ve had issue before and reloaded Clover and fixed it.

Success! I'm able to boot in to my main drive from the usb! So corrupted clover, eh? How do I reinstall / overwrite the bad clover with this good one?

Success! I'm able to boot in to my main drive from the usb! So corrupted clover, eh? How do I reinstall / overwrite the bad clover with this good one?

Just open the USB EFI and the main drive EFI and drag the USB to the main EFI. Maybe best to open USB first then drag to desktop and then remove the USB and drag the desktop copy to the main EFI.

Just open the USB EFI and the main drive EFI and drag the USB to the main EFI. Maybe best to open USB first then drag to desktop and then remove the USB and drag the desktop copy to the main EFI.

Overwrote the main EFI with the USB EFI. It makes no sense, but I'm still getting the error?! I have found that if I don't boot the USB from shutdown (ie, just restarting instead), I get the attached error (before reaching clover screen), if that means anything.

I just don't get it. How am I able to boot in from my backup, as well as the new usb, but not my main drive? My main drive EFI is a mirror copy of my usb EFI, it should work just fine in theory. Could there be something wrong with my drive?

Attachments

• 20181109_222303.jpg
    20181109_222303.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 38
Overwrote the main EFI with the USB EFI. It makes no sense, but I'm still getting the error?! I have found that if I don't boot the USB from shutdown (ie, just restarting instead), I get the attached error (before reaching clover screen), if that means anything.

I just don't get it. How am I able to boot in from my backup, as well as the new usb, but not my main drive? My main drive EFI is a mirror copy of my usb EFI, it should work just fine in theory. Could there be something wrong with my drive?

go to bios and see if you can select the main drive UEFi .

Wow. So while digging through my bios, I thought something looked fishy in my boot order. Looks like I've been trying to boot of the main drive in UEFI, when I've historically had success/have been using Legacy. The boot order must have got scrambled last time I tinkered with adding drives, and I've been to busy/thick headed to notice.
This explains why the usb and backup worked, since they would most likely have been using Legacy as well. Kind of embarrassed right now.

I've had a few things drop off during these clvoer tinkerings (audo devices disapreed, ect), so going to work on getting those up and running again.
Thanks so much for sticking with me Gigamaxx, I really appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back