CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Greetings all,

I've had boot errors with this build before, but thought I had found a solution in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. Everything seemed stable for about a month, till I updated to 10.12.6 (from 10.12.4). The update seemed to go well, I was able to boot and reboot fine. That is, until it suddenly didn't about 3 weeks after the update. Now I can't get past the error in the attached screenshot. I've tried OsxAptioFixDrv, Drv2, Drv3, and Drv-free200, as well as the new AptioMemoryFix.

I am able to boot from my cloned drive, and access my EFI that way, so I'm hopeful that a fix is possible.

I've attached my Clover folder minus themes, as well as my plsit. Something's obviously not right, what am I missing?

Attachments

• 20181102_214407.jpg
    20181102_214407.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 84
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • config.plist
    7.4 KB · Views: 107
My guess would be the slide=0 boot argument, try removing it from your config.plist.

Still seem to get stuck at the same point with slide=0 gone, although the error message does change based on which AptioFix I'm using (screenshots attached).

Attachments

• 2Drv.jpg
    2Drv.jpg
    843.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 1Drv.jpg
    1Drv.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 73
  • AptioMemFix.jpg
    AptioMemFix.jpg
    533.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 3Drv.jpg
    3Drv.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Drv-2000.jpg
    Drv-2000.jpg
    636.2 KB · Views: 57
I like your logic. Copied over the Backup EFI, but it still gets stuck at the same spot, which dosn't make much sense to me. Comparing the two, my backup is much more disorganized than my current (albeit currently unusable) one, which may mean it has other problems that were latter resolved (or not?). I've attached the backup clover folder and plist for reference.

Attachments

• BackupCLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • Backupconfig.plist
    15.8 KB · Views: 106
I’m on my cell phone now but I noticed your original plist in Symbios has the definition but no SMUUID or firmware mask. Download Clover Configurator app (free from Mackie site). Drag your plist to the desktop and right click and select open with clover config. App. Go to Symbios section and select the arrows on the right side to go to iMac of your choice. Then watch as it fills in these areas I mentioned. It’s a good idea to hit the generate new tab under SMUUID and you can put your old serial number in. Just copy your serial number down first so you can manually edit it. This app allows you to edit the plist like boot options etc. and save these changes. After your done drag the plist to your mounted EFI folder to test it. Always make backups maybe a folder with folders inside to keep current plists. Test and find a combo that will boot.

Copied over the Backup EFI, but it still gets stuck at the same spot
If a previously good backup fails to work then perhaps there has been a change in your BIOS settings.

If a previously good backup fails to work then perhaps there has been a change in your BIOS settings.

The backup is 12.4 and the upgrade to 12.6 worked then failed. The backup gets it booted but not when EFI is transferred to new 12.6 partition. 12.6 security updates?

I’m on my cell phone now but I noticed your original plist in Symbios has the definition but no SMUUID or firmware mask. Download Clover Configurator app (free from Mackie site). Drag your plist to the desktop and right click and select open with clover config. App. Go to Symbios section and select the arrows on the right side to go to iMac of your choice. Then watch as it fills in these areas I mentioned. It’s a good idea to hit the generate new tab under SMUUID and you can put your old serial number in. Just copy your serial number down first so you can manually edit it. This app allows you to edit the plist like boot options etc. and save these changes. After your done drag the plist to your mounted EFI folder to test it. Always make backups maybe a folder with folders inside to keep current plists. Test and find a combo that will boot.

I've been doing all my clover tweaks with configurator, I will def get those fields populated.

The backup is 12.4 and the upgrade to 12.6 worked then failed. The backup gets it booted but not when EFI is transferred to new 12.6 partition. 12.6 security updates?

This is the case, which had me wondering if 12.6 update is the cause of my issues?

Last edited:
Populated the fields and tried with AptioMem and OsxApitoFixDrv* 1-3 and 2000. Same hang up. Bios settings still work for the backup, making me think it's got to be a change brought on by the 12.6 update. My searches havn't yielded anything thus far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back