ATi
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All

I have lion and updated to Xcode 4.1.1 but every time I open the app store it says there is an update for Xcode. When I go to update it, it has to download the whole 3.2GB again. Then I have to open the "install Xcode" application myself as it does not open automatically after the download. Once I go through the install and restart the computer the app store says there is an update for Xcode again. I can't seem to get rid of it even though when I open Xcode it says I'm running 4.1 (4B110). I tried enabling the debug menu and clicking "Reset Application" to no avail. Is there some .plist file I can modify somewhere to tell the AppStore that Xcode is already up to date? Any help is much appreciated. I can be reached at [email protected] or via PM or else I will monitor this thread.\

Respectfully
Alex Haj

Run Xcode installer, which is found in applications or on Launchpad.

Also why do people put their email down when asking questions, do people actually respond with help that way?

If you read carefully you would see that I ran Xcode installer after download finished but still the appstore says I need to update. Maybe it is only downloading the 4.1 installer instead of the 4.1.1 installer as when I goto "About Xcode" it says version 4.1 (4B110). Does anyone know what build 4.1.1 should be?

Any help? This is getting really frustrating and it is not a Hackintosj problem as it is happening on my MBP 2011 model.

This is what I found.

Apple today addressed that confusing behavior with the release of Xcode 4.1.1 through the Mac App Store, a small delta update that removes the installation alert that has been causing problems for users. Users who have already successfully installed Xcode 4.1 do not need to install the updated version.

What’s New in Version 4.1.1
This is a delta update to Install Xcode.app that fixes the “Installation Alert” to quit iTunes. You do not need to re-run the installer if you already have Xcode 4.1 for Lion successfully installed, as the included tools are unchanged in this update.

From this I gather that if you have Xcode 4.1 installed then you don't need to install 4.1.1.

I already had 4.1 installed and after I ran the updater and it completed successfully the version of Xcode is the same as yours 4.1 build (4B110). The update did not download Xcode 4.1 again as the update took about five minutes.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back