Contribute
Register

Apps crashing due to new Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used NotShys DSDT method to get my ATI 5850 to run. It ran good. Multibeast 3.5.2/Chimera 1.1.0 = good as well.

But after updating to 3.7/1.4.1 suddenly Ableton Live started to crash... I thought it was Ableton but I tried some games as well. Cinebench ran fine as did Dashboard QE/CI BUT League of Legends and Ableton were crashing on startup. Both showing some memory address errors. After going back to the DSDT edited by NotShy (slightly modified by me) AND going back to Multibeast 3.5.2/Chimera 1.1 both Ableton Live (8.2) and League of Legends Launcher (which uses Adobe Air, which paints its own GUI similar to how Ableton Live does it) ran again.

So... there is some issue with the new injection method,... maybe?

viewtopic.php?p=134254#p134254

Any news on Chimera / ATI Injection and crashes of Cocoa/Carbon/QE/CI Applications?

same problem, nvidia graphic, GTX470.

Before I'd same problem with Starcraft II (not really important) but now doesn't start, i check with bench and it's fine. I'm going to install old version chimera or chamelion.

Just i wanna report the problem, if I found solution i'll post it

I'm getting this issue too with League of Legends, its not that necessary to have to working but I hope the same problem doesn't bother me in the future with other programs

Could we get someone to have a look at this issue please?

Currently it is affecting the following programs all of which are crashing on startup due to a similar issue we believe:

Ableton Live
League of Legends
Starcraft II

Heres my error code for League of Legends if it helps:

Exception raised

Unhandled exception 0x80000003 at address 0x70095db2.
Do you wish to debug it ?
(Yes/No option)

Both yes/no result in the program closing

Cheers

EDIT: Currently, absolutely every thing else is working fine, this is my only issue

Install method: iBoot 3.1.1 Multibeast 3.8.0

Ok so I did some testing reinstalled with Chimera 1.1 via Multibeast 3.5.2 and got League of Legends working in 10.6.3 with no trouble, along with ableton live.

Although Chimera apparently isn't the issue, as soon as I used the combo update to 10.6.8 I received the same error codes as experienced earlier, both LoL and Ableton crashing on startup.

Anyone got any ideas? Would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

I had the issue in Lion using a recent Chimera or Chameleon
What I had to do to make League of Legends / Ableton Live / Team Frotress 2 run again is documented here:
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=25450&start=180

I guess there are some troubles with the ATI drivers and the Chimera/Chameleon injection code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back