Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I built my 2nd hackintosh about 2 weeks ago. It has been running smoothly until today... I stupidly tried to run ssdtPRGen.app and then applied a new system definition and now it won't boot. It gets stuck at the System uptime in nanoseconds. I can't even boot using -x -v.

I found that if I boot into the USB drive installer, open terminal, and then delete "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/DSDT.aml" and "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist", I can then boot from my Macintosh HD using the -x -v. Once I'm in Mac OS X, I try to run Multibeast (I used the same options as I originally did) again and after a restart I'm in the exact same situation, a non bootable hackintosh.

Picture of boot problem: http://cloud.ja.sonbarnett.com/image/1i2e1I3f0h39

Let me know if you have any pointers. Thanks

Chimera: v2.1.1 (Latest to date)
Motherboard: GA-Z77N-WIFI
Processor: i7-3770K
System Definition: iMac 12,2 [originally working] (I've tried MacMini 6,2 and Mac Pro 5,1 too)

the proper sys def for your system is MacMini6,1 5,1 will break your install because it has ecc ram and yours dont. btw u can use mac drive for windows and fix the system def

I found the cause and solution to the problem. When I ran the ssdtPRGen.app, it generated ~/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml. Then after that, I ran Multibeast (with UserDSDT or DSDT-Free checked) it copied the ssdt_pr.aml from ~/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml and put it to /Extra/DSDT.aml. For whatever reason, my machine couldn't boot with the generated DSDT.

I was able to fix the problem by removing /Extra/DSDT.aml and ~/Desktop/ssdt_pr.aml.

This thread is solved.

P.S. after all of that... I'm using the iMac 12,2 system definition and my Geekbench score rocketed to 14743... I have no idea why.

because u are using the wrong system def 12,2 is for i7 not i5 also why are not using the correct one MacMini6,1

P.S. after all of that... I'm using the iMac 12,2 system definition and my Geekbench score rocketed to 14743... I have no idea why.
If it's working well for you than don't worry 'bout it. More than likely you probably only getting two p-states, with a proper Macmini6,2 SSDT you may get 6 or 7. But with that said, there are no rules regarding what sys def to use, hell, everyone been using MacPro 3,1 for years.

i found the cause and solution to the problem. When i ran the ssdtprgen.app, it generated ~/desktop/ssdt_pr.aml. Then after that, i ran multibeast (with userdsdt or dsdt-free checked) it copied the ssdt_pr.aml from ~/desktop/ssdt_pr.aml and put it to /extra/dsdt.aml. For whatever reason, my machine couldn't boot with the generated dsdt.

I was able to fix the problem by removing /extra/dsdt.aml and ~/desktop/ssdt_pr.aml.

This thread is solved.

ssdt != dsdt.

How do you mac drive to fix the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back