CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD 3000 & RX 490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since updating to 10.7.4 there has been 3 almost identical error messages being posted every 5 seconds in console under Kernel.log.

Code:
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TC0D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F0Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600

This appears to be a screw up with the kext and the solution is in post 3

Re: Problem with Fakesmc?

Dewitts said:
I used multibeast and installed the fakesmc radeon plug in and motherboard plug in and now on console I have a constantly reoccurring set of errors. Anyone know why and how to solve them?

Code:
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TC0D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F0Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600
May 20 15:31:44 Christophers-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff800b540600

I tried to use an old FakeSMC (there's a new one in Multibeast), but with both I get that error, I think it is common to all.
During the boot you can read: back to the old mode..

So the problem is AppleSMC? and only in 10.7.4?

confirm?

P.S. However, when I get to home I want to try a smbios.plist of a MacPro on my laptop....

EDIT:

I found this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3940135?start=0&tstart=0

maybe it's not a Hackintosh problem :?:

I followed the link you posted and no it is not just hackintosh related and the solution is posted there.

I extracted the AppleSMC.kext from the 10.7.3 combo update and replaced the 10.7.4 kext, NOW all is good!!

I have attached the kext for you to use on your machine.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:

Attachments

• AppleSMC.kext.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 432

Dewitts said:
I followed the link you posted and no it is not just hackintosh related and the solution is posted there.

I extracted the AppleSMC.kext from the 10.7.3 combo update and replaced the 10.7.4 kext, NOW all is good!!

I have attached the kext for you to use on your machine.

Thanks for your help :thumbup:
Thank,
this is a workaround for the moment and I think Apple should take remedies.
Have you tried MRDumper?

Sorry Micky and Dewitts
This FakeSMC is the final one to be included on 10.7.4??

thanks

smigol81 said:
Sorry Micky and Dewitts

thanks
No smigol,
the error is caused by the lack of some keys missing.
If you have 10.7.4 installed, I guess we'll edit a new SSDT, and yet another to add (ssdt1), for all states.
But I have not done anything yet!

If you do not want the error, for the moment, installs AppleSMC 10.7.3 version, just above

Micky1979 said:
smigol81 said:
Sorry Micky and Dewitts

thanks
No smigol,
If you have 10.7.4 installed, I guess we'll edit a new SSDT, and yet another to add (ssdt1), for all states.

If you do not want the error, for the moment, installs AppleSMC 10.7.3 version, just above
It has something to do with some missing keys in fakesmc. F0Mn and F1Mn are Fan 0 and Fan 1 minimum RPM, read here >> http://www.parhelia.ch/blog/statics/k3_keys.html
IMHO, it will never affect the performance and stability.

archintosh said:
Micky1979 said:
smigol81 said:
Sorry Micky and Dewitts

thanks
No smigol,

It has something to do with some missing keys in fakesmc. F0Mn and F1Mn are Fan 0 and Fan 1 minimum RPM, read here >> http://www.parhelia.ch/blog/statics/k3_keys.html
IMHO, it will never affect the performance and stability.
Sounds interesting, but I could not go back to the pages above, which is the source?
Then, excuse my ignorance, but I missed the meaning of "IMHO".
Could you explain?

thanks

add missing keys to fakesmc and that errors go out.

IMHO means In My Honesty Opinion

jona1 said:
add missing keys to fakesmc and that errors go out.

IMHO means In My Honesty Opinion
Grazie per la traduzione pensavo fosse una chiave :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the translation I thought it was a key :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back