i9 10900k
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Hey all,

So upgrading from Big Sur using Opencore 0.7.5.

The install begins and the machine resets and then starts the install, but always panics at the same place.

See attached image, not sure what to do?

I have a stable Big Sur to work with for the moment, but would like to upgrade. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 609
Hey all,

So upgrading from Big Sur using Opencore 0.7.5.

The install begins and the machine resets and then starts the install, but always panics at the same place.

See attached image, not sure what to do?

I have a stable Big Sur to work with for the moment, but would like to upgrade. Any help appreciated!
I suggest you change your system definition to iMac20,1 instead of MacPro7,1. Assuming there are no other major issues, installation should continue as expected. Cheers.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

I tired iMac 20,2 and encountered the same issue, but I’ll try 20,1 and see how I fare.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll let you know how it goes.

I suggest you change your system definition to iMac20,1 instead of MacPro7,1. Assuming there are no other major issues, installation should continue as expected. Cheers.
I tired this definition and the problem persisted. I am going to go for a fresh install rather than an upgrade, and see how that goes. Thanks for your help

Just an update, in the end I managed to do a fresh install of Monterey. I built a new EFI from scratch using a combination of the Dortania guide, OC Gen X and some motherboard specific ssdts that I found online. Everything working great.

Just an update, in the end I managed to do a fresh install of Monterey. I built a new EFI from scratch using a combination of the Dortania guide, OC Gen X and some motherboard specific ssdts that I found online. Everything working great.
Good to know.

A quick note about system definitions: I find that (with the Prime Z490-A) both iMac20,1 and iMac20,2 are fairly interchangeable, although each has idiosyncrasies. For example, (with iMac20,1) mapped USB ports may occasionally be ignored; and large (2TB+) external USB drives appear as internal drives (desktop icons). When using iMac20,2 those issues magically disappear; however, Monterey feels a little slower to load (it's barely noticeable).

The winner: iMac20,2

Cheers.

could you share EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back