Apple's USB 3.0 driver on non-Intel controllers *TESTING*

What's your USB3 controller?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
boumbo said:
Hi,
if you want more people try this method,
someone should upload the non modified IOUSBFamily.kext from the update or the modified one preferably.
it is a lot of time to download the update (1.2GB), extract the few MB kext file, modify it, for trying to make the apple usb3.0 kext working while people who wanted usb3.0 in their hackintosh have chosen a motherboard with NEC chip and made it work with the lacie's modified kext.

simplify the testing method this way and i think more people will try it.

anyway, :clap: for your discover.

Before opening this thread I saw someone that already did that on this forums, use the search.

What I need right now is to get the usbtracer to support the XHCI driver, because working, it is, at the speed of a ZX Spectrum :D (takes about half an hour to show you that you have connected a device), so this is a confusing situation.

I'm yet working on it.

I have 2 USB 3.0 of Etron EJ168 chips. I have attached a 2TB Go Flex Seagate External HDD to it... to my surprise I can see the hard drive in system report but it is not available in Finder or Diskutility.
I have tried installing driver again but it is not working.
I used ML and Multibeast 4.6.1

This drive works in USB 2.0 port.

Thanks.

Just to let you know I also have tested this kext edit on my z68xp-ud3 with F10 BIOS (two onboard Etron Ej168 chips) and the usb 3.0 controllers show up in System Profile but no connected usb 3.0 drive is shown nor mounted...

I hoped the 10.8.2 update would allow the native kext to activate my usb 3.0 ports with this minimal edit, but once again NO SUCCESS...

Let's hope this quite ubiquitous usb 3.0 controller will get a full support in the future (as happened in 10.8.2 with FrescoLogic controllers)!

Just to let you know I also have tested this kext edit on my z68xp-ud3 with F10 BIOS (two onboard Etron Ej168 chips) and the usb 3.0 controllers show up in System Profile but no connected usb 3.0 drive is shown nor mounted...

I hoped the 10.8.2 update would allow the native kext to activate my usb 3.0 ports with this minimal edit, but once again NO SUCCESS...

Let's hope this quite ubiquitous usb 3.0 controller will get a full support in the future (as happened in 10.8.2 with FrescoLogic controllers)!

Hi,after MacBook Air and MacBook Pro Update 2.0 http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1609 it works for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back