Contribute
Register

Apple's New 2012 Ivy Bridge iMacs This Week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hero_image-1.jpg
Contrary to earlier rumors, Apple's new Ivy Bridge iMacs are not going to be delayed after all. If you have a hankerin for an Apple Ivy Bridge All-In-One, the 21.5" model starts shipping starting November 30th. Apparently the 27" is going to be a bit longer, and will be shipping in December.

Macrumors has reported that orders may even begin today November 27th.

Related:
Apple's New iMacs Have Ivy Bridge Desktop CPUs
http://www.apple.com/imac/

So, Is it possible they release better mac driver for the GTX 680?
Or just for the GTX 680MX -if just for MX will i be able to use them? I'm having some CUDA driver issues with my GTX 680.
Greetings
Cery

-hope this is the right place to ask this...

Contrary to earlier rumors, Apple's new Ivy Bridge iMacs are not going to be delayed after all.

The fact that they ship some iMacs (and that's just the 21.5" model) by Friday to meet that "end of November" goal doesn't mean that the iMacs won't be delayed. Because they will be delayed.

I've been talking to a few Mac dealers (and someone from within Apple), and it looks like the 21.5" iMacs won't be available in any kind of mentionable quantity for quite a while. Apple might be shipping a few to some "select" stores of their own, but I guess that's mainly for display and for filling a few pre-orders.

Word on the street is the 27" iMac won't be available before early next year. Again, they might ship a few in December just so they can say "Hey, we promised you December, there you go". But it doesn't mean that you can actually buy one in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back