Graphics
AMD HD5850 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Apparently Apple's 27 inch cinema display has Windows drivers but only for bootcamp. Using the display will work on a hackintosh via snow leopard but booting into windows without bootcamp will limit the brightness to 50%. Hopefully someone will be able to take the Windows 7 bootcamp drivers and port them over so that you can control the brightness in Windows 7 without bootcamp.

There is a workaround for this however. It requires that you have a MacBook. You simply use the USB connection on the MacBook to control the display's brightness while its connected to hackintosh that is booted into windows. Once you have the brightness set via your MacBook the display will remember the setting and you will not need the MacBook hooked up to it anymore apparently.

I thought I'd post this tidbit of info for anyone interested in using the 27in apple display with their hackintosh and their windows partition.

nice tip op.

i have another tip concerning brightness control :

use ALT + MAJ + Brightness UP/DOWN to control more accurately brightness level (4 sub levels for each 'bar')

works with audio level too ;)

I've got the cinema display and my brightness seems fine.

Have you tried control panel -> power options to adjust the brightness?

Actually bootcamp control panel doesn't work for me at all. I always get a message that "an error occurred while trying to access the startup disk settings. You may not have privileges to change the startup disk. Make sure you have administrative privileges and try again." I read somewhere that it may be related with AHCI and SSD that I'm using. When I hit brightness button on the keyboard, icon pops up (just like in Lion) but the slider is not moving and the brightness doesn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back