Contribute
Register

AppleHDA Will be the Death of Me (Status: Internal mic still not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel DQ67SW
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Everything was working fine in OS X 10.10, and even the first few versions of 10.11 and then my hard drive died. I finally got a replacement drive and decided to give macOS 10.12 a spin to play with the new Siri functionality, and everything still works like it did in OS X 10.10/11, except sound.

I tried cloverHDA (https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/tree/master/Laptop) for ALC269, all variants, and ALC269VC_v1.zip and ALC269VC_v2.zip sorta work. I can adjust volume, but my built-in speakers and built-in mic do not work. Headphones plugged into the headphone jack work. I have not tested plugging in a mic because I do not own one.

VoodooHDA will give me sound through my built-in speakers, but is quiet and VoodooHDASettingsLoader does nothing when I try to open it. It still does not work with my built-in mic.

I attached a ZIP that contains my formally fully working AppleHDA.kext in 10.10/11 and the ALC269VC_v2.zip files in hopes that someone can help me figure out this mess. NOTE: The previous AppleHDA.kext was for Audio ID/Layout 3. I have since changed my patched DSDT to be ID/Layout 13 for cloverHDA.

Attachments

• Audio Stuff.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
Everything was working fine in OS X 10.10, and even the first few versions of 10.11 and then my hard drive died. I finally got a replacement drive and decided to give macOS 10.12 a spin to play with the new Siri functionality, and everything still works like it did in OS X 10.10/11, except sound.

I tried cloverHDA (https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/tree/master/Laptop) for ALC269, all variants, and ALC269VC_v1.zip and ALC269VC_v2.zip sorta work. I can adjust volume, but my built-in speakers and built-in mic do not work. Headphones plugged into the headphone jack work. I have not tested plugging in a mic because I do not own one.

VoodooHDA will give me sound through my built-in speakers, but is quiet and VoodooHDASettingsLoader does nothing when I try to open it. It still does not work with my built-in mic.

I attached a ZIP that contains my formally fully working AppleHDA.kext in 10.10/11 and the ALC269VC_v2.zip files in hopes that someone can help me figure out this mess. NOTE: The previous AppleHDA.kext was for Audio ID/Layout 3. I have since changed my patched DSDT to be ID/Layout 13 for cloverHDA.

Perhaps you need CodecCommander.kext but didn't install it...

I tried with and without the CodecCommander.kext and it didn't change anything (I actually forgot to get rid of it after testing ALC269B, so it was installed through C_v3, then I thought it might be messing with things, so got rid of it and tested C_v1-C_v3 again with no change in behavior.)

I tried with and without the CodecCommander.kext and it didn't change anything (I actually forgot to get rid of it after testing ALC269B, so it was installed through C_v3, then I thought it might be messing with things, so got rid of it and tested C_v1-C_v3 again with no change in behavior.)

Did you patch ACPI correctly?

I patched it to Layout 13, according to the readme within the cloverHDA files. Everything else matched up already, so I left it alone.

I applied the IRQ patch, just in case I missed it before, and I must have because now ALC269VC_v2.zip works with my internal speakers. My internal microphone still doesn't work though. It shows up in system prefs, but has no volume and Siri doesn't hear anything. ALC269VC_v3.zip also works with my internal speakers, but it says no internal mic found in System Prefs.

I applied the IRQ patch, just in case I missed it before, and I must have because now ALC269VC_v2.zip works with my internal speakers. My internal microphone still doesn't work though. It shows up in system prefs, but has no volume and Siri doesn't hear anything. ALC269VC_v3.zip also works with my internal speakers, but it says no internal mic found in System Prefs.

Your internal mic problem is likely a PathMap problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back