CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 (1920x1080) + Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I actually wanted to try if I could inject PinConfigs directly from the ACPI (HDEF/_DSM), so I went on and deleted the PinConfigs Injector kext (AppleHDAHCD_CX20751.kext), rebooted and updated the kernel cache... But my audio actually still works... So I guess PinConfigs are not actually necessary unless they're wrong and so they need to be corrected... Is that right?

I actually wanted to try if I could inject PinConfigs directly from the ACPI (HDEF/_DSM), so I went on and deleted the PinConfigs Injector kext (AppleHDAHCD_CX20751.kext), rebooted and updated the kernel cache... But my audio actually still works... So I guess PinConfigs are not actually necessary unless they're wrong and so they need to be corrected... Is that right?

Make sure you did a cold boot, just for the case the pin configs are not reset on a normal boot.

But, yes, if the pin configs already there (initialized by the HDA codec and/or BIOS) are already correct, then you don't need to change them. Read about pin config defaults in the Intel HDA spec...

Make sure you did a cold boot, just for the case the pin configs are not reset on a normal boot.

Yeah I made sure of that.

But, yes, if the pin configs already there (initialized by the HDA codec and/or BIOS) are already correct, then you don't need to change them. Read about pin config defaults in the Intel HDA spec...

Yeah I can see them in IOReg... My PinConfigs happen to be somewhat accurate, only some values need to be changed or altered, but it pretty much works fine already, for example the internal mic still works if its node reads 'a7' and not 'a0', also the last bit can still be '94' instead of '90'... external mic's node needs some changes too but I have it disabled in my layout xml files; it's not supported...

I wonder what the last bit of each node means or how it's set... (the "xx71f..."), any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back