CPU
2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
right Now i m using VoodooHDA for sound after reading your guide and i m trying to patch AppleHDA for my Codec my internal Mic not working i tried every patched AppleHDA available on internet or trying to patched my self too but my internal Mic not working.
and i also See AppleALC but i don't know how to use it.

i just wanna ask i used both layout id-3 and layout-id 12 now wanna use HDEF layout id-12a with more controls
my Codec is CX20590
codec ID: 6E50F114
but u mention one more codec id in this patch so i just wanna ask u that i used this patch as it is or i have to remove these two
lines in
"codec-id", Buffer() { 0x3E, 0x3A, 0xEC, 0x10 },\n
"model", Buffer() { "Conexant 20672 SmartAudio HD" },\n
in this patch.

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "Built in" },\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x6E, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14 },\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "name", Buffer() { "Conexant Cx20590" },\n
        "device_type", Buffer() { "Audio Controller" },\n
        "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        //"MaximumBootBeepVolume", 77,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

i just wanna ask i used both layout id-3 and layout-id 12 now wanna use HDEF layout id-12a with more controls
my Codec is CX20590
but u mention one more codec id in this patch so i just wanna ask u that i used this patch as it is or i have to remove these two
lines in
in this patch.

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "Built in" },\n
        "device-id", Buffer() { 0x6E, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14 },\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 12, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "name", Buffer() { "Conexant Cx20590" },\n
        "device_type", Buffer() { "Audio Controller" },\n
        "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" },\n
        //"MaximumBootBeepVolume", 77,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

No need for the 'a' variant. All you need is the layout-id inject that matches your AppleHDA.

No need for the 'a' variant. All you need is the layout-id inject that matches your AppleHDA.
actually i tried layout id 3 and 12 but still my internal mic not working but i got a new patched appleHDA+DSDT in that DSDT they used this 'a' variant patch thats why i just wanna try this in my DSDT at least, if i try this 'a' variant so i would remove these two lines use as it is
or use as it is because my Codec is my Codec is CX20590

actually i tried layout id 3 and 12

You should not be guessing. Determining layout-id (which is an arbitrary choice on the part of the person who created the patched AppleHDA) is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

but still my internal mic not working

Unless the AppleHDA supports multiple layout-ids (which is very unlikely), the issue with the mic is not layout-id related.

That would have to do with the layout*.xml and Platforms.xml as well as the patched pinconfigs in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.

You should not be guessing. Determining layout-id (which is an arbitrary choice on the part of the person who created the patched AppleHDA) is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Unless the AppleHDA supports multiple layout-ids (which is very unlikely), the issue with the mic is not layout-id related.

That would have to do with the layout*.xml and Platforms.xml as well as the patched pinconfigs in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.
yeah i know that i also tried to patch my self and Mirone also help me on that but still not getting any success on internal mic

Defo the layoutid 4 for some skylake to get the mic working. Followed Layout3 for a while had all the parts in system prefs but no bus... edited one of the layouts in Rehabman Probook patch to 4, patched DSDT. I find the AppleHDA patch gives your more loudness ;). Also used appleALC. Also vanilla kext.. not kext switch has baffled me..

I actual built a proobook 4530s with clover then stupidly updated the bios, Couldn't boot clover but moved to clover mbr. Defo helping build this Hp Pavilion 15-ab242na.

I'll post mi config up soon.. in the technic product specification manual they had three diff models of WIFI including a dual.. found one on ebay, £7 ;) Bro

Just waiting on a broadcom Combo BT+WIFI to arrive an thats its. no dongles :D

Few problems to sort out like keyboard layout,

HDMI Multiple display loop which has change the behaviour of booting with HDMI, built in monitor black but you can adjust the backlight up and down... Now booting with HDMI the attempt to connect to second monitor happens after boot. which is great but shes no sticking captain.. i'm on it :D

Skylake Sunrise 8086 07d9 layoutid 4.. fix Mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back