Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
probook 4540s
CPU
i7
Graphics
intel 4000
I explore the latest probook installer and the "how to intall" on mavericks..but i cant see any topic on what appleHDA will use on mavericks...

I explore the latest probook installer and the "how to intall" on mavericks..but i cant see any topic on what appleHDA will use on mavericks...
As far as I understand it the latest version of the installer patches the appleHDA "on the fly", so it uses the one you have in S/L/E.

As far as I understand it the latest version of the installer patches the appleHDA "on the fly", so it uses the one you have in S/L/E.

if i run the latest probook installer it will automatically patch the vanilla appleHDA for me and recognize what OSX i used?

if i run the latest probook installer it will automatically patch the vanilla appleHDA for me and recognize what OSX i used?
I do not use the installer, but last time i was digging trough the sources and that's my informed guess. It does not need to recognize the OSX version since it takes yours from S/L/E and the patching method is always the same.

For more details wait for philip_petev or RehabMan to answer.

I do not use the installer, but last time i was digging trough the sources and that's my informed guess. It does not need to recognize the OSX version since it takes yours from S/L/E and the patching method is always the same.

For AppleHDA, that is the case... sort of. The patch is the same for ML/Mavs. The patch is slightly different for Lion/SL (difference of Platforms.xml.zlib/Layout12.xml.zlib vs. Platforms.xml/Layout12.xml). So, the installer does detect the version you're targeting with the installer... Also the AppleRTC patch (for 7-series chipset machines) is different between OS versions.

For AppleHDA, that is the case... sort of. The patch is the same for ML/Mavs. The patch is slightly different for Lion/SL (difference of Platforms.xml.zlib/Layout12.xml.zlib vs. Platforms.xml/Layout12.xml). So, the installer does detect the version you're targeting with the installer... Also the AppleRTC patch (for 7-series chipset machines) is different between OS versions.
Couldn't those XMLs be unzipped or zipped on the fly? I know it doesn't make much sense to change the functionality now, but I guess it wouldn't be hard to make that if we saw the necessity.

Couldn't those XMLs be unzipped or zipped on the fly? I know it doesn't make much sense to change the functionality now, but I guess it wouldn't be hard to make that if we saw the necessity.

Yes, they could. We would just need to have the RevoGirl(RIP) zlib.pl inside... But really it isn't necessary to make such a change.

Yes, I've used RevoGirl's script to extract the xml files for use with Lion/SL, but extracting the files, patching them (somehow) and then compressing them again... An ordinary copy/replace procedure is much easier for accomplishment in this case.

I have been trying to make 6470b audio to work on 10.9 for two weeks, but still no luck.

I prefer to manually patch it:
1. binary patch to AppleHDA (have tried 8b19d411->05761d11 with or without 8419d411->00000000)
2. Replace layout12.xml.zlib and Platform.xml.zlib with previous working version
3. Replace info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext with previous working version or just replace only the IOKitPersonalities part.
4. Repair permission and kernelcache ; reboot.

What's wrong with my procedure?

thanks!

I have been trying to make 6470b audio to work on 10.9 for two weeks, but still no luck.

I prefer to manually patch it:
1. binary patch to AppleHDA (have tried 8b19d411->05761d11 with or without 8419d411->00000000)
2. Replace layout12.xml.zlib and Platform.xml.zlib with previous working version
3. Replace info.plist in AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext with previous working version or just replace only the IOKitPersonalities part.
4. Repair permission and kernelcache ; reboot.

What's wrong with my procedure?

thanks!

Do you have patched DSDT with HDEF inject as layout 12?

This is my patched AppleHDA, install with KextWizard.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back