Motherboard
Hp probook 4540s(clover)
CPU
I3 3110m(hm76)
Graphics
hd 4000(1366x768)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi RehabMan just wondering if you have considered this or not but you have a guide in the laptop forum on just about everything except audio so i was wondering if you could make a applehda guide that could help a lot of us out because it took me a long time to put all the pieces together and get audio working because there are so many outdated guides and its confusing and that would be awesome!!!!! if there was a all in one guide on applehda. So just asking Thanks!!! for every guide you've made it really has made me a lot more smarter than i was before i started hackintoshing

Hi RehabMan just wondering if you have considered this or not but you have a guide in the laptop forum on just about everything except audio so i was wondering if you could make a applehda guide that could help a lot of us out because it took me a long time to put all the pieces together and get audio working because there are so many outdated guides and its confusing and that would be awesome!!!!! if there was a all in one guide on applehda. So just asking Thanks!!! for every guide you've made it really has made me a lot more smarter than i was before i started hackintoshing

I have one started, but it skips past the tasks of creating the Platforms and layout XML, and the patching of pin configs. Once those components are prepared (the main part of AppleHDA patching), there are a bunch of details that follow which are relatively easy to explain. But creating the XML and patching the pin configs is a bit harder to explain, as I didn't understand very well until doing some experiments of my own (trial/error) as well as reading the Intel HDA specification.

The guide I've started is still useful for creating a new AppleHDA or creating an injector (or using other AppleHDA patching techniques, such as AppleALC) from XML/pinconfigs already available, but it isn't done... and I haven't had time to work on it lately.

I have one started, but it skips past the tasks of creating the Platforms and layout XML, and the patching of pin configs. Once those components are prepared (the main part of AppleHDA patching), there are a bunch of details that follow which are relatively easy to explain. But creating the XML and patching the pin configs is a bit harder to explain, as I didn't understand very well until doing some experiments of my own (trial/error) as well as reading the Intel HDA specification.

The guide I've started is still useful for creating a new AppleHDA or creating an injector (or using other AppleHDA patching techniques, such as AppleALC) from XML/pinconfigs already available, but it isn't done... and I haven't had time to work on it lately.
Thx man that's cool hope it comes out thanks for all the guides again!

Probably be much easier using CodecCommander in a SSDT than patching a AppleHDA just like on my DH67BL using CodecCammander to inject.

Probably be much easier using CodecCommander in a SSDT than patching a AppleHDA just like on my DH67BL using CodecCammander to inject.

Patching pinconfigs with CodecCommander is one of the (main) items covered in the guide.

Patching pinconfigs with CodecCommander is one of the (main) items covered in the guide.

Yep. But CodecCommander SSDT seems to be more easier than patching AppleHDA.

If you understand what is going on, they are the same difficulty. But using an SSDT for the pinconfigs is more convenient as the patched pin config data is easier to read when in the SSDT vs. in ConfigData in patched AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver Info.plist.

Injecting PinConfigs is only *one* part of patching AppleHDA... It can be done with CodecCommander, or an Info.plist only kext that alter AppleHDAHCD kext like the injector RehabMan's patch_hda.sh creates... There is still the bin patch that can be done via Clover and the XML layout patching which is the most complex part...
And to construct a CodecCommander SSDT, you have to had gone through all the steps and have enough knowledge of what's going on.

If you understand what is going on, they are the same difficulty.

I have a job doing the (Nodes) from the diagram thats the only thing i get stuck on i can never seem to get my head around it.

I have a job doing the (Nodes) from the diagram thats the only thing i get stuck on i can never seem to get my head around it.

I like to skip that part and use the data directly from the codec dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back