Contribute
Register

Appleg33k85's Mountain Lion Build - ASRock Z77e-itx, GTX480 + wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
having some issues with multibeast. I get ML to install fine but once I do the easy beast + AL898 + USB 3.0 it won't boot. So I tried just the audio and usb and same, still won't boot....

Same board, with GTX 670

having some issues with multibeast. I get ML to install fine but once I do the easy beast + AL898 + USB 3.0 it won't boot. So I tried just the audio and usb and same, still won't boot....

Same board, with GTX 670

This is the problem I had at first. Through trial and error, I found that it was the usb3 in MB that caused the freeze. Easy + AL898 and the network Kext from the first post worked great.

This is the problem I had at first. Through trial and error, I found that it was the usb3 in MB that caused the freeze. Easy + AL898 and the network Kext from the first post worked great.

Thanks I will give this a try. Will definitely need the USB 3.0 though since we only have the 2 non 3.0 slots =(

Still having issues with easybeast. Does it matter what slot my Ssd is on? I have 1 and 2 for a raid that I turn off so I can have ahci on 3 for my Mac. I get ml to boot run easybeast with audio no dsdt al898 and when it boots it goes to the white screen...

Still having issues with easybeast. Does it matter what slot my Ssd is on? I have 1 and 2 for a raid that I turn off so I can have ahci on 3 for my Mac. I get ml to boot run easybeast with audio no dsdt al898 and when it boots it goes to the white screen...

I started m build last night.. was able to get ML installed, but like you guys when I installed the USB 3 kext the system would not boot.. i'm going to go back today and do it step by step.

A couple of comments:

a) I would not use Easybeast. It installs a lot of stuff you don't need.
b) Instead, I would install the patched 1.30 bios and install via 'UserDSDT or DSDT free'.. that way you don't need NullCPUPowerManagmenet.

I should have more info tonight. I want to get the system up and stable first, I was in a bit of a hurry last night and didnt' really take my time.

Not sure about the SSD.. I have a Crucial m4 plugged into SATA 0.

I started m build last night.. was able to get ML installed, but like you guys when I installed the USB 3 kext the system would not boot.. i'm going to go back today and do it step by step.

A couple of comments:

a) I would not use Easybeast. It installs a lot of stuff you don't need.
b) Instead, I would install the patched 1.30 bios and install via 'UserDSDT or DSDT free'.. that way you don't need NullCPUPowerManagmenet.

I should have more info tonight. I want to get the system up and stable first, I was in a bit of a hurry last night and didnt' really take my time.

Not sure about the SSD.. I have a Crucial m4 plugged into SATA 0.

Thanks can you screen shot your multibeast selections too? Thanks

Upload your pictures to your Profile's Albums. Then, you can reference them in your post(s), and they'll appear in their native size and resolution. :thumbup:

Thanks can you screen shot your multibeast selections too? Thanks

Ok.. build is coming along nicely. I may make my own user build post at some point, but for now just kinda threw this together.

Steps involved:

a) Flashed the z77e-itx with Samisnakes 1.30 modded bios (under the DSDT forum)
b) Installed using Unibeast. Make sure the USB drive is NOT in a USB 3 port.
c) Installed using the Multibeast settings below
d) Installed the broadcom ethernet kext from this post

A few notes:

a) I cannot get HD 4000 to work. I installed using the HD 4000 (hdmi), but upon first boot had to set GraphicsEnabler=No or the screen would come up garbled. I haven't looked too much into it. I've read another post that said it works fine on DVI but I have not verified.
b) Sleep/Wake fully work.
c) Rolled a 1.30 modified DSDT and applied the internal/external orange icon fix. Would love if someone versed in DSDT, could figure out how to apply the ALC898 patch so the HDAEnabler is not needed.
d) don't have any USB 3 devices to test.. but the USB 3 ports near PS2 connector do not appear to work for anything (keyboard, mouse, USB 2 disk)
e) the USB 3 ports by the ethernet port work fine with the mouse and keyboard.
f) all USB 2 ports work
g) I haven't played around yet with power management.

So far so good.. I'm amazed how fast this thing boots.

The attached DSDT corrects the long wake issue and the orange drive icons. Wake is now fully working!

32020-z77e-itx-multibeast-settings.tiff

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
Great info. I am making a similar build with the same board today actually. Sent you a PM with some info requested. Keep us posted with updates!

Tried your dsdt still on reboot hangs on white screen after apple logo spinning wheel. I'm going to try to move my Ssd to a different slot and boot and see if that helps but it looks like something within mb is killing me. I flashes the modified bios and still can't get it to boot after mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back